On Jupiter And Mars

Start from the beginning

"Team up with me, Ali-ssi," he said, his hand outstretched waiting for the man to shake it.

He heard Gihun halted beside him. Ali glanced at Gihun and Sangwoo reluctantly followed suit.

"Oh, it's fine. Go on. I'll just- get- find my own partner. Yeah, s'fine," Gihun mumbled hurriedly.

It's not fine. Can't you see, you idiot. This is life and death. It's NOT FINE!

Couldn't he see Sangwoo was abandoning him?

And let me play...

"Ali-yah. You trust me right?"

Ali slowly nodded at him. The heavy feeling came back full force as Sangwoo stared at those wide, trusting eyes.

Don't... trust...me...

"Go," he whispered to Ali quietly.

He watched as Ali ran as per his instructions.

He looked down at the clump of clothes on the ground. The pouch of marbles clutched tightly in his hand.

Nobody should trust him.

Because if you asked him, I could easily let them all die if it was necessary for me to survive.

He stopped when he heard Ali shouting his name. He flinched when he heard the shot.

Still, he moved on.

...among the stars

Sangwoo heard the scream as the man plummeted to his death. He looked down at his hands. The ones he used to push the old man to his death. He could hear the sharp inhale of player 067 behind him, could feel the intense gaze of Gihun on his nape.

I told you, you can't trust me...you can't...

He took the last step. Another game won.

let me see what spring is like

Sangwoo fiddled with his knife as he slowly approached the two figures.

"I want to go home," he stopped as he heard what the dying girl said to Gihun.

"No! Kang Saebyeok! Stay with me! Wait! Doctors! We need doctors! Help!" Gihun rushed towards the doors, he didn't even spare a glance to Sangwoo who was already a few meters away from 067's bed.

Distantly, Sangwoo heard him banging on the door, asking for help that would never ever come. He stared, emotionless, at the weakened girl on her bed.

Saebyeok lifted her head with difficulty as she finally realized Sangwoo was there.

"Ahjussi..." She said, her voice hoarse and very weak.

Sangwoo walked calmly towards her, studied her without pity, without anything. The heavy feeling was gone now. Only hollowness. He felt blank, empty. Like how his eyes were void of life.

"You're dying anyway," he whispered before slitting her throat.

He watched as the blood splattered from her neck.

Watched as the life drained from her eyes.
Watched as they slid shut and as she slumped back on the bed.
Watched as Gihun frantically shoved him away.
Watched as Gihun finally lost it.
Watched as the once smiling and optimistic man almost murdered him.
Watched as the masked men restrained him.