30: Don't Tell Dad

Start from the beginning

"Well all the student dorms pretty much look the same.".

Wow. This was about as dry as a conversation could get. Maybe if Midoriya wasn't hesitating to ask a really important question before they reached the dorm. 

'Screw it' Midoriya thought, licking his lips anxiously. "Can-can I invite someone else to speak with us as well? He knows about as much as I do and he needs the same answers.". 

"He's not a snitch or anything right?" Miki asked cautiously. Midoriya didn't know how to respond to the that, so he just said he wasn't. Miki looked like he wanted to say no but didn't. He realized that he should help out where possible and this was part of that.

------- ------ ------ ------ ------- ------- ------ -------- -------- ------- 

"You spoke to Overhaul?" The 14 year old asked, his mouth agape. He looked shocked and nervous and Midoriya was worried that the poor kid was going to throw up. 

"I'm sorry, how do you know about Overhaul?" Mirio asked, his normal cheerful smile on his face. "No offense, but you're not even in high school yet and most information regarding the Shie Hassaikai is classified. Even we can't access it.". 

The 3rd year was obviously cautious of Miki, although that was understandable. Midoriya hadn't explained anything except that he thought he had found some information of the yakuza group that had Eri. 

"This was all word of mouth, I don't have access to anything you guys don't. I don't even have access to the stuff you do. I've just...learned a few things over the years." Miki said with a shrug. 

"Where did you find this kid, Deku?" Mirio asked with a humorous smile. Midoriya just looked at the floor awkwardly. 

"He's Present Mic and Eraserhead's kid." The 1st year revealed. Mirio's eyes went wide as he looked Miki up and down. 

"Not biologically." Miki said, quelling Mirio's obvious confusion. The 3rd year just nodded. 

"So you know what we know, can you fill in any gaps for us?" Mirio asked, clasping his hands and placing them in his lap. 

Miki nodded. "I have some general info, although it might be a bit old." He said, "They're trying their hand a drug distribution. Its the opposite of trigger, really dampens your quirk. Just before I was rescued I overheard at a shelter that its gotten a lot stronger recently. They wanted to sell the drug in needles when I last heard of it, but that could have changed too. I'm willing to bet their sudden activity has to do with their products increase in effectiveness.". 

He continued to speak even as the two hero student's expression shifted from interest to shock. "I don't know anything about the girl, and barely anything about Overhaul other than to stay away from his frequent haunts. My best bet for where the girl came from would be someone high up's family. I heard their boss wasn't in good health, so people were starting to move closer in hopes of taking over when he kicked the bucket.". 

There was a beat of silence before Midoriya spoke. "How did you know all that?!" He asked genuinely shocked and a little horrified. It wasn't every day you get this much information about organized crime from a kid. 

"They tried to recruit me." Miki said, his voice tense and hesitant. "My grandma was really sick and couldn't work as much as she usually could, someone found out and approached me. They wanted me to run drugs for them. I said no and they made my life awful for a little bit but eventually they gave up.". 

"You were almost a drug runner for the yakuza that kidnapped a little girl and are abusing her?!" Midoriya asked. "Does Mr. Aizawa know about this?!".

"Stop shouting!" Miki whispered violently. "Of course they don't know. I'm damaged goods as it is. Besides, I don't want to have more of a petty criminal past than I already do.". 

Mirio was pretty quiet, he looked lost in thought, like he had a lot to consider about the information he had just been told. 

Miki was still not 100% sure how Midoriya knew to ask him in the first place. He didn't want to get roped into another U.A thingy, but somehow he figured he was going to end up doing just that. 

----------------------------------------------------------

So the poll in the last chapter has been getting a lot of responses and I'm beginning to wonder why I post them in the first place lol.

I'm always so hyped about both ideas when I post a poll and I go into it thinking 'only the one with the most votes will get published' and then I just go ahead and post them both anyways       (≖.≖)

So yeah, I'm calling option a 'Because' and option b 'Try-Hard' and they're both probably gonna come out soon maybe around the time Home starts to wind down 😅

So anyways stay tuned!