#10

IN THE CAR

IN THE CAR

I sat down and looked around the car. taking my time to admire the features and breathe in the nice smell in the car. it smelt like a new car, i loved the smell of new cars it was something about it. I looked in the backseat and then turned back around to face kai who had just entered the car.

he pressed the button to turn on the car and i took a nice look at his hands. they were clean and cut nicely, they were nicely moisturized and he had a few tats on them, some rings to that really added onto his outfit.

"nice rings" i said looking at all of the fine details on them

"uh thanks," he said laughing while grabbing the aux cord and handing it to me,"you better have good music taste or i'm kicking you out my car"

"of course, i will i'm not so sure about you though." i replied shrugging and rolling my eyes at him.

I plugged the cord into my phone and looks around in my playlist for something good. hmmm, i ended up going with half crazy by musiq soulchild. pressing play and looking over at him to make sure he was valid. he started tapping the steering wheel to the instrumental until the music started. he started humming to the lyrics.

"never thought that we would ever be more than friends," he started

"now i'm confused 'cause for you, i have deeper feelings" , i replied using my phone as a microphone

"We both thought it was cool to cross the line"

"and i was convinced it would be alright"

"Now things are strange, nothing's the same"

"and really, i just want my friend back"

"and my minds gone half crazy 'cause i can't leave you alone" we both sang the chorus of the song

we sang our hearts out to the lyrics going back and forth with my phone. we kept trying to out-sing each other, laughing when our voices ended up cracking. our bodies swaying side to side as we laughed. the only other noise that could be heard in the car as the song kept playing.

"so n/n you like my car?" ,the black haired man asked

"yeah it's nice not as good as mine though" i replied

"yeah yeah, wanna play 21 questions except there's more than 21 questions?" ,he asked looking over at me before turning back to the road

"yeah, don't ask no dumb shit either" i replied recalling all of the dumb questions i've been asked the past few years

" i won't, you better not either" he said looking at me through the corners of his eyes

"alright, i won't promise" i said surrendering

"so what's your favorite color?" he asked rubbing his chin

"black, green, brown, red, just anything i like all colors"

"you?"

"i like black and red"

"i can tell by your outfits" i replied laughing

"now you got any siblings?"

"yeah i got two, one sister and one brother, i'm the youngest" he said while turning the wheel his other arm on the arm rest

"ohhh that's nice, i got two also they're twins"

"really, i know a pair of twins too"

"how'd you get that scar on your lip? if you don't mind me asking."

"oh this it was a while ago," he said, "i don't really remember"

he turned into the parking lot of our destination and he turned off the engine.

"you ready?"