"okay, cool. sorry we were late!"

"no, no! don't be, it's okay!"

Before walking out, he pulled you to the side, "i just wanted to say, dixie told me about you guys and i promise not to say anything about y'all's relationship, i get it. and don't worry if something gets caught on film okay? i can edit out, just have fun!" you whispered a quick thank you and he gave you another hug before closing the door, leaving you and vinnie to get changed.

"what colour do you want?" you asked.

There was brown, black and pink left.

"i call black!" you reached out and grabbed the suit, holding it up to your body.

"hey, i wanted black!"

"too bad, it's mine."

"fuck, i guess i'll take pink then."

You ripped off your shirt, leaving you in a bra before zipping up the suit. It was hot as fuck outside and you knew you'd melt if you wore something heavy underneath. You and vinnie made slight eye contact every few seconds, while jumping into your costumes.

"pink looks good on you, babe." you giggle.

He smiles and picks up a headband with horns on it.

"ooo!"  you zipped up the jacket before running over to look at the options. A gasp left your lips once you saw the fuzzy cat ears and you swiftly placed them on your head.

"lovey, look it!" you turn to vinnie with a smile on your face as you point to your car ears.

"aww." vinnie coos, wrapping his arms around your back.

"in all serious babe, we need to make sure we keep this under wraps." you state.

"keep what?"

"us."

"oh.." his mouth lowers into a slight frown as he playing with your hair. "yeah, i know."

"we don't want to start any drama and i don't want either of us getting hate, so just... i don't know- keep your distance today."

"oh.. okay. i see how it is." he crosses his arms, a charming expression resting on his face.

"no- not like a big distance! just ya know... try and look platonic." he simply nods at your words before you both walk down the stairs to meet james.

"ahh!! you look so good, oh my god!" he gushes before leading you two to meet the rest. As you step through the house, voices louder and louder. You were already overwhelmed by the amount of people you could here. You turned a corner and was met with eight people, all sitting around a couch, chatting. Lights were set all around them, illuminating the bright colours they wore.

You gulped and felt vinnies hand interlock with yours. He lightly squeezed before letting go, his way of letting you know that he was there.

i hope no one saw that.

-time skip brought to you by james charles

After meeting everyone, we all settled down and stood around a table, a black backdrop us. You tried to keep some space between you and vinnie and decided not to stand next to him, but to stand next to james and dixie instead. Charli stood behind you while vinnie stood behind james. You turned your head to the right and was met with vinnie who was already looking at the back of your head. He was still close by, but far enough to go unnoticed. He smiled at you and you smiled back, before quickly turning around as james started his introduction.

You were too nervous to comprehend fully what he was saying, but snapped out of it once it was time to introduce yourself.

"quen, purple."