Chapter 6| Superior To Others

When the crimson ray of the sun reflected on your face, I could not take my eyes off of you.

JAE (4.0)

It was bright outside. The sun lit up Manhattan. However it had no effect on Mark. He sat still in the darkness in his room. Mark was deep in thoughts. He barely slept last night. It was not the first time though. But the reason for him to stay up all night was different. The reason being a girl was definitely the first time.

Mei had tightly wrapped her assumed body pillow with her arms. She sunk her face deep into her assumed comforter, engulfing it's warmth. The sunlight could not enter into her room yet. She softly hummed.

She felt her hair getting gently stroked. Mei smiled in satisfaction.

"Aww, you are such a kitty."

Her eyes shot opened at the manly voice. She looked up to see Jungkook. What she thought as her body pillow in her sleep was Jungkook himself. And what she assumed to be her comforter was Jungkook's broad chest.

This time, Jungkook did not climb on her bed. Rather, she fell down on his mattress in her sleep. Jungkook grinned at her, hugging her back as she was already embracing him.

"Good morning, kitty."

Mei scoffed before freeing herself from his arms.

"I thought you wouldn't try anything."

Jungkook snickered. "Do you really think I picked you up from your bed and laid you on this mattress? Ma'am, I am not that desperate."

Mei thought for a while. "I think you should go." She coughed to clear her hoarse voice.

"Geez!" Jungkook stood up. "I was just leaving. It's good that you woke up and all. Since you were not letting me leave when you were asleep, you know?" He flashed a smirk before leaving an annoyed Mei all on her own.

Mei sighed. I have completely let down my guards with him.

She stayed in her position just like that before she heard the door getting opened. "Now what?" Mei looked up to meet the eyes of a different male.

"What are you doing here?" She asked seeing Mark in her room. It was the first for him.

"Who were you expecting?" The blond cocked his head to the side.

Mei clicked her tongue. She decided not to answer him so that all of Jungkook's efforts would not go to waste. But little did she know that Mark had seen them together last night.

"Didn't anyone teach you how to knock?" She stood up and started to pick up the mattress.

"It's fancy." Mark said getting amused. He just watched her actions without interfering. "I have never seen anyone sleeping on a mattress on the floor when they literally have a bed."

Mei squinted her eyes. She scanned the male top to bottom like that. Mark was in a t-shirt and sweatpants. "You could give me a hand."

He shrugged. "I would rather stand here and watch."

"Then leave."

"So that you can skip your work?"

"What do you mean?" She asked nonchalantly.

Mark grabbed her forearm and harshly spun her around. "Look, you novice," Mei sniggered at his choice of words. "I don't care what your motive is or how you think about us. But if you ever try to do anything against our favour- I swear, things will not stay so sweet for you anymore."

The female glanced at where Mark was holding her before swiftly freeing her arm from his hold as he let her.

"I can tell you had it rough but that doesn't mean everyone else have it easy. Also harsh experiences don't make you any superior to others."

Mei took a step back. "You need to cut it out honestly." Mark did not say anything. The blond's eyes shifted towards the door. He was honestly looking for an escape. His eyes showed no emotion whatsoever.

"Now, please leave. I will do my shift at the kitchen after taking a shower."

Usually Mark could categorize the people he met easily. But this girl was different. The way he thought about her is repeatedly being proven wrong. Still he wanted to be firm in his belief. He had no answer to the things she said anyway.

Mei felt weird. It was the first time she spoke this much since she had come to Manhattan. It seemed to her that Mark was much more immature than Jungkook. It was probably because Jungkook was the leader of their gang. He needed to be mature.

Still she did not want to give a preach to Mark like that.

_______

Vote for the chapter please.

Mark can be kept in a pocket fyi.