Short story - Yumeii

[ The person above is Yumeii to give you ]
[ more of a better visualization. ]
[ He is a doctor , this is kinda angst but ]
[ I doubt it'd be good, I suck at angst ]
[ Well let's get into it ]
[also if I get anything wrong.. note this]
[Im not a doctor myself]

"I promised... I promised to keep you alive.. and I failed. Forgive me."

-3rd Person-

'Beep. Beep. Beep.' The dreading sound continued echoing through the dead-silent hospital room. The doctor watched the patient who was hanging on a thread with a sorrowful look. The patient weakly turned their head to air hound and had a tear roll down their face.

"I'm.. sorry.. there's nothing I can do... You don't have much time. We did all we could do..."

Yumeii muttered out, feeling absolutely terrible as he promised them that they'll survive happy and healthy with their family.

"I failed you... I'm... so sor-"

"It's not your fault y'know."

They coughed up a bit of blood and slowly wiped it off with the hounds help. Even though they're crying they had big, bright smile.
Yumeii looked over at the patient, confused,

"What do you mean...?"

He asked before continuing.
"I promised I'd keep you alive and I failed... I understand if your disappointed with me but I did all I could do.."

"I know. But you don't have to beat yourself up over it. It's okay.. My time is up, It's time for me to rest peacefully.. forever."

Yumeii held back his tears and the patient breathing slowly comes to a halt.

"Before ... I do I just wanted to say.. You did well... Yumeii... Goodbye..."

A never-ending 'bee' began to replace the dreadful beeps that filled the room.
Yumeii slowly pulled out his clipboard with the patients information. He bit his lip and wiped his tears as he wrote.

'Time of Death, June 12th 2019, 1:46pm"

He took out the paper and put it in a folder before walking over to the heart monitor, turning it off. He sighed, looking at the corpse on the bed noticing it had a small, peaceful smile.

"Rest well.. Big Brother."

He walked to the door and twisted the cold doorknob, opening the door and walking out the room. Yumeii moved to the side and slid down the wall next to the door. He covered his face and began to sob quietly and the smell of hand sanitizer began to strengthen,
"Hey.. are you alright?"

[End]
[Im prolly not gonna continue this so yeah]
[Goodbye yall]