Chapter One: Moving?

Start from the beginning

“It might help if you told me the choices, dad.”

“Oh right, totally forgot about that.” With every word he spoke of this sentence his emerald eyes dropped. “You can either move with your mom and I to Russia or,” he took a deep breath, “you can move in with the Millers.”

“Uh, are you sure the Millers are okay with this?” I asked, but I already knew the answer.

Gina and Scott Miller were the kindest people I knew, and always up for helping anyone in need, their sons, however, were a totally different story.

“Let me call them right now!” my dad said. I groaned internally.

“Ring, ring, ring, ring, ring!” my dad imitated the phone. He can be so immature sometimes. “Hey Scott! How’s it going…Yeah I told about the move, right? Well Jess isn’t taking it very well-….Yeah exactly what we were thinking! You’d be elated to take her, eh?”

“No, no, no, no, no…” I chanted underneath my breath, you couldn’t be serious.

“Jess, he said they’d be delighted to have you stay.”

Oh my god. You can’t be freaking serious.

“Then I know what I choose.” I challenged. My dad froze. So did my mom, who was making dinner.

“Scott, I think she wants to stay with you guys…yeah, teenagers these days, huh? Never have any respect for their parents…”

What the heck was he talking about?

Then I remembered something-Tyler.

Tyler, my boyfriend since freshman year. I was moving. Long-distance relationships never work, from my perspective, and if we stayed together, it would be a long-distance relationship. Oh god, I had to break-up with my high-school sweetheart.

In a moment I swiped my phone from my back pocket and started to compose a text that said, “Meet me in the park in 15, I have some news…” and hit send.

“Hey, um, can I go to the park?” I asked my parents, “I’ll be back by dinner time, and it’ll help me really think about the decision.”

“Fine, honey, be back by dinner.” Had I not said that I would be?

I started to walk out the door when I realized I didn’t even know what I was going to say to him. I decided I was just going to wing it, what could go wrong?

After 15 minutes I was at the park, and I saw Tyler waiting for me.

“Hey, Jess, what’s up?” He asked, and then kissed me. As Mayday Parade would say, ‘I miss the lips that made me fly…’

“Uh Tyler, you might want to sit down.” I start as I sit down on a swing, and then I shivered, and Tyler gave me his dark green hoodie. Aw, too bad I couldn’t take it with me to Washington. “Babe, I’m moving to Washington.”

His grey eyes dropped, “What…?”

“I know, I know, I wasn’t too happy to find out about it either.” I said, a tear falling from my grass-green eyes.

“This is nothing to cry over, it’s a life thing we have to go through.” He said, but it wasn’t as powerful to me as he wanted it to be.

“I know, it’s just that I’ll miss you, my parents, Kayley, Dan-“ I started, but he cut me off.

“Your parents?” He asked, did I say that?

“Uh, well yeah. I really don’t want to move to Russia, so they gave me the option to move in with the Millers, who are friends with my parents, and I took the opportunity and everything.” I said nervously.

“Oh, so you’ll still be in the states?” he asked hopefully.

“Well yeah, just halfway across them.” I shrugged, the he hugged me tight and walked me home.

“Don’t you want your sweatshirt back?” I said as I was tugging it off.

“Naw, I have a ton of others ones just like that.” He shrugged, “Keep if for good luck or something to remember me, us, by.”

I grinned, “You’re the sweetest.”

“I know.” He smiled.

I would be leaving in a week, so we said our final goodbyes tonight.

“I’m home!” I sing-songed when I opened the door to my house.

“Just in time for dinner!” My mom gleefully said. Mood-swing much?

“Told you so.” I was always excited when something went my way.

 We ate dinner, talking about life in Russia, and Washington.

My parents said that Washington was normally glum. Then they said they only knew that because of Twilight. My parents: knowing weather in other parts of the United States because of Pop Culture since 2009.

****

A/N First chapter done! Stayed up till 1 am for this X)

This story made the what's hot list <3333

Ahh, next chapter will be about airport/meeting the boys/and description about the Millers

:)))

Love & Rockets,

Aly. ;D