Dress Robes and Suspicions

Start from the beginning

"So….whoever conjured the Dark Mark…"Hermione said slowly, "were they doing it to show support for the Death Eaters, or to scare them away?"

"Your guess is as good as ours, Hermione." Mr. Weasley said.

"What if it was a warning?" Claire said. "Maybe someone was trying to tell us that he's trying to come back."

"It's possible," Mr. Weasley began. "But I don't think the person who did this was warning us. I think he was intimidating us. Besides, only the Death Eaters knew how to conjure the mark and I don't think a Death Eater would want to tell us that their master was trying to make a comeback. They'd want to keep it in the dark. I'd be very surprised if the person hadn't been a Death Eater once, even if they're not now…."

"Alright, that's enough with talking," Mrs. Weasley said, glancing at the clock. "It's three in the morning and it's time for all of you to go to sleep. C'mon now, upstairs."

"I'll meet you upstairs," Claire told Hermione. "I have to ask my dad something."

"Claire, that man you saw wasn't your father." Hermione said. "I mean he's an alien and he can't perform a spell."

"I'm just going to talk to him, ok? It's better to make sure than to not know." Claire replied.

Claire walked over to her father.

"Dad, can I talk to you for a few minutes?" The Doctor turned to her.

"Sure, Claire. What is it?" Her father asked.

"I know this is going to sound crazy, but at the Cup when the Death Eaters showed up, I got separated from everyone and these Death Eaters attacked me and when I was about to be tortured a man stopped them." Claire said.

"It doesn't sound too crazy to me. I'm just glad this man saved you." The Doctor replied.

"I'm not to the crazy part yet." Claire said.

"What's the crazy part then?" The Doctor asked.

"Well, he sort of looked like…you." Claire said slowly.

The Doctor frowned in confusion. "Hmmm, that is crazy. I couldn't have been there. I was with your mother and uncle the entire time; just ask them. It's possible that it could've been a past or future version of myself. You know, time is a complex thing. All sorts of wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey—"

"But he fired a spell," Claire interrupted.

The Doctor fell silent contemplating what his daughter told him.

"Hermione said it was probably a trick of light that the man looked like you, but I just wanted to make sure." Claire said.

"Well, I can definitely say that man wasn't me. To my knowledge, only wizards can fire a spell and I'm not a wizard." The Doctor said. "Now, I think it's probably a good idea to go and get some sleep. It's getting late and I'm sure your mother will want you in bed."

"Good night, dad." Claire said as she went upstairs.

Claire soon entered the room she was sharing with Ginny and Hermione. Ginny had already fallen asleep, but Hermione was still awake reading a book. Hermione looked up as Claire shut the door behind her.

"So, what did your father say?" Hermione asked, shutting her book and putting away.

"He said that only wizards and witches can fire spells. So, it couldn't've been him." Claire replied.

"See I told you." Hermione said.

"I know. I just needed to be sure. I know he's an alien and all, but weirder things have happened to us in the pass three years than an alien firing a spell." Claire said as she got in bed.