☂ ¹𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑻𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒐𝒐☂

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

𝒲𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝑒𝒹𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒻𝓊𝓃𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁𝓈

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚

17 Years Ago

📍Umbrella Academy

"Alright Number Eight, I have finally figured out what your powers are exactly.", A tall man wearing a monocle spoke.

"It seems you can form any desired object such as knives and shields with cosmic energy when you concentrate. It is a useful power but difficult to master and quite tiring as I have noted. That is why we shall begin practice from tomorrow itself. Do not be late.", he says looking down at a h/c girl around the age of 12.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚

"Alright Number Eight, concentrate and make a shield.", Reginald Hargreeves spoke looking into a room through a glass window. Inside the room was Y/n.

"On the count of three bullets shall be released.", Hargreeves spoke and the girl's eyes widened.

"1" "No please wait.""2.""I won't be able to.""3!"

From the front wall of the room bullets were fired at the s/c girl who put her hands in front of her and closed her eyes. She waits for an impact, but it never comes. She opens her eyes to a blue coloured wall made up of energy in front of her. The fire ceases and she looks at her father happily hoping to see that he would be proud. But when she turns she is met by a judging stare.

"A dome shaped shield this time.", the man shouts and the girl's face drops.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚

"Nietzsche once said, 'Man is a rope stretched between the animal and the super human. A rope over an abyss is a dangerous crossing, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous trembling, and halting.", 

Seven children stood at the bottom of the stairs, in white stripped green tracksuits for their daily common training. Vanya standing with their father on the top blows a whistle and they all ran up the stairs.

"As much as you must strive for individual greatness, and strive you must, for it won't come to you of its own accord...you must also remember there is no individual stronger than the collective"

Decoys and images imitating crime doers flood the walls as the children run up the stairs. Number Eight follows behind Number Five. She notices that the boy in front of her is about to spacial jump so she grabs onto his arm. 

"That's not fair!", one of the children spoke

"Hey! This isn't a taxi service.", the boy said after they reappeared ahead of the others.

Eight just tuck her tongue out at Five as they continued running. Suddenly Five hits his head on something and tumbles. He looks up to see a blue barrier in front of him and Eight sprinting ahead.

"Dad! Eight is cheating again!", Number one shouted after the girl joined their father at the top.

"Well if it bothers you then my life is complete", Eight teased.

"She adapted.", Reginald spoke.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚

"The ties that bind you together make you stronger than you are alone"

A h/c girl walked down the stairs to be greeted by the man who was supposed to give her the famed umbrella tattoo. She walked to the center of the room and sat down on the chair in front of the man. Looking around she saw her siblings standing in a corner next to Grace and Pogo. 

The man took out the needle and she gave him her hand. She looked towards her mom and siblings scared, she always hated needles. Grace smiles and nods trying to reassure her and then she shifts her gaze to Vanya and Five. The girl gave her a comforting smile while Five stood there making an action telling her to take a deep breath.

Nodding the girl does so and the man brings the needle near her arm and starts making the tattoo. She shuts her eyes tightly trying to fight back tears while gripping the arm rest tightly.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚

The s/c girl sat on her bed gripping her arm looking at her new tattoo, the skin around it had become red.

"Hey.", Five says spatial jumping into the room.

"Hi, are those donuts?", the girl asks gesturing to the box he held.

"Yep, snuck out to Griddy's to get them.", he says handing them to her.

"Aww really?", the girl asks.

"Yep, well anyway I should get going, if dad caught us again we're gonna be in big trouble."

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow, and thank you", she says giving him a light peck on the cheek making him turn a light shade of pink.

"Uh-huh.", he says and the spatial jumps out. Y/n just stands there smiling to her widely.

Then the noise of someone knocking on the door in sets of threes is heard. Y/n goes to then open the door to reveal Vanya. The two girls had made a secret knock so that they would know it was the other and not someone else.

"Hey, come on in.", she gestured Seven took a seat.

"So you got your tattoo today huh?", Vanya asks. She was the only one who didn't have one until Eight came along. Some how she always felt that since both of them didn't have tattoos, it made them similar.

"Yeah, what happened to your arm.", the e/c girl asks gesturing to a black spot on her sister's arm. 

"Oh, nothing. The tattoo I drew rubbed off.", Vanya said covering her arm.

Eight then opens a drawer and pulls out a permanent marker. She sits in front of Vanya.

"Let me,", she says taking her arm and the other girl nods. Taking off the cap she begins to draw a circle and the proceeds to make an umbrella. The drawing is an exact replica of the tattoo, Eight always was good at drawing.

"Look, now we're the same.", she says holding her arm parallel to Vanya's who smiles in return.

┌───── •✧✧• ─────┐

Word Count: 982 words

Published: 20/12/21

└───── •✧✧• ─────┘