C h a p t e r 2 5

Start from the beginning

I groan. "Yeah."

What happened to 'I'm a big girl'?

The door opens and Keaton grabs the sling before fixing it and setting it in place around my neck.

"Thank you," I voice out quietly.

Keaton smiles.

I look everywhere but him as he takes two steps forward, nearly closing the space between us.

I'm pretty sure the only reason there is space is because of my injuries.

I look back as our eyes meet.

He instantly lowers his head till our lips make contact. My eyes flutter shut. My right hand cups his cheek.

After a couple seconds he pulls away and smiles again. "I love you, Camilla."

A smile breaks any pain that has filtered my life. "I love you, Keaton."

He backs away and intertwines my right hand with his left hand.

We go sit down on the two person couch till Maggie and her parents get here.

Adrian has a fight today, so it isn't so obvious where we all are.

~*~*~*

20 minutes later, Maggie is with her parents signing my discharge papers.

The nurse comes in with a wheelchair to wheel me out of the hospital. Since it's protocol, even when I can walk.

Maggie and her parents tell us to meet them at their house.

Once we are to Keatons car, he helps me sit in the passenger seat. He jogs to his side and starts the car.

We are finally leaving the hospital and I couldn't be happier.

"Why don't you go home?" I ask, looking into Keatons direction.

"My mom knows what happened, she was okay with me missing school to stay with you at the hospital as long as I was working on school work."

My eyes widen. "That was nice of her."

Keaton gives me a small smile. "Yeah."

A couple minutes later we pulled into Maggie's driveway.

I carefully get out of the car as Keaton helps me walk inside.

Mr and Mrs Parson sitting right by the doorway.

"Thank you guys for signing the discharge papers. It means a lot," I said to them.

Mr Parsons stands up. "Of course. A friend of Maggie's is family to us."

"Hope you feel better sweetie," Mrs Parson says with a hopeful smile.

I give each of them a hug before Keaton and I go into Maggie's room, where she is sitting at her desk.

After I sit down on the edge of Maggie's bed I release a deep sigh. "You guys do realize I have to go home eventually today, right?"

Keaton and Maggie shoot their heads in my direction.

"Cami, the last thing I do is want to sound like a controlling boyfriend but, I can't let you go back there." Keatons eyes fill with worry.

Maggie holds up a hand. "Wait, boyfriend?"

I roll my eyes. "I thought that was obvious."

Maggie laughs.

I look back over at Keaton. "I know you mean well Keaton, but if I don't he will come find me. I know that."

"Does he know where you work?"