Birth of the Average

Comincia dall'inizio

But anyway, that's not important. What is important is how I got to know about the world of Jujutsu.

Well it all started when I was going back from school. I studied hard and was a normal kid. I had average looks. I had dark blue hair that were brighter on the ends. My eyes were green which was unusual for a Japanese but whatever.

I didn't inherit those eyes from my parents but from my ability. The ability to see contracts. Quite useless, am I right? Well that is if it was only that but we'd get to that later. But back to how I got here, it was a day just like any other.

At that time, I think I was 16 or was it 15? Yeah, 15 was the right age. I was 15 and was just coming back from school. I didn't like to hang out after school hours since I was always mentally exhausted. I preferred to hang out in the weekends but whatever, not like it matters.

From what I remember, I was walking at the same path I took everyday. I think that I wanted to watch this anime that I bought. 'Hellsing'. It was a really enjoyable time to watch that show so I wanted to rewatch it. Even if it was a couple years old.

Getting a bit off track. You know what, I'm not good at telling stories. Let's let my memories make the story and not myself. After all, I'm not God. I don't remember everything. Or should I say a god. Wonder if they'll be mad at me for that statement. Well, they won't attack me.

After all... I have a contract-.

["^_(9^ 1§{€2£¥7$}8%->4@*#'6~'...\!?04@*#'6~'...\!?0]

Walking back home was a young high-schooler, one would say he was good looking though he had a gloomy face and was walking with his back hunched. It seemed that it was a habit of his.

The boy, Arai Isao, sighed as he looked at the dark clouds. "You better not rain." And it rained as he was now soaking wet. "Guess God hates me today." A chuckle escaped his mouth. But then, at the side of the road, he noticed something.

A yellow small creature that was giggling with a high pitched voice. It had round eyes and angelic wings on its back. A fly head. A weak spirit. A shadow loomed over its body as it looked back.

Only to see a foot filled with blue curse energy stomp on it. Killing it immediately. "I've been seeing these little guys a bit too often now. How annoying." Arai seemed indifferent as he continued walking. They were too weak for him to bother putting effort.

Though that may seem arrogant, these spirits weren't threatening to him or anyone else. Though the problem was when they'd grow stronger. That was when Arai saw them as a threat. Throughout his life, he had only encountered one grade 2 curse spirit.

At that time, he had been only 11 years old and seeing a monster like that feasting on corpses had terrified him. It had scarred him seeing something like that. Seeing its powerful energy that was emanating made him know that he was so weak. He only had a fraction of its power.

That was when he realized that he shouldn't be so careless. The monsters he encountered now were maybe weak but there were stronger ones. So to not make them appear, you'd have to take them down from the roots.

But anyways, Arai came back to his house. He was just about to unlock the door but he felt something wrong. An ominous miasma was spreading and his senses were warning him like bells hitting his head.

Arai immediately let go of the doorknob and took cover as something burst through. It was a curse spirit! One more powerful than the one he encountered when he was 11 years old. 'Not again!' His fear from that first event hit him but he quickly put it away.

The curse spirit looked like a green spider with 10 legs. Its head looked like that of a bull and yellow stripes were present all over its body. It certainly wasn't something pleasant to see. "I want... to eat legs." It said with a distorted voice.