• 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐚 •

Start from the beginning

"We lay my love and I, beneath the weeping willow - but now alone I lie, and weep beside the tree"

Huey turned to where he heard it from, the willow tree, "Dawn?" He said quietly, why was she here? At this time no less? He walked towards the tree.

"Singing O Willow Waly, by the tree that weeps with me... singing O Willow Waly 'til my lover returns to me..." when Huey was close enough to the tree to see her, he noticed that she wasn't playing the guitar this time, and had a small lantern by her side, as well a white cat instead of a black one. He couldn't see the instrument she was playing very well, but it sounded like a harp.

"Ah, hello" she stopped playing, and looked up at him with a small grin. Dawn was wearing a winter coat, with a pair of thick brown cargo pants and a scarf around her neck, even her cat buddy seemed to be all cozy, wearing a small cat jacket, "Huey? Oh, fancy seeing you here"

"I could say the same for you, what are you doing here?"

"I could say the same for you"

The two shared a laugh, Dawn strumming a few strings on her small harp gently, "I feel peace at night, a rarely come out at this time though, today was simply and exception," she then smiled in his directions, "what's your excuse? Y'know, you're one of the few people that run into me more than once, consider yourself lucky"

Huey took a seat beside her, "I was feelin' a lil' restless, y'know? Thought maybe a walk would do me some good"

Dawn nodded, "I see, I see - well, let's just sit aye? We can even talk a little, if you'd like"

Huey smiled, "I would actually"

The two began talking, like last time, about pretty much anything. Huey had learned this time that Dawn was a virtuoso, classically trained in over fifteen instruments (though she wouldn't tell him what, she wanted to surprise him everytime they ran into each other), and that the cat she brought with her today was Neptune, who apparently had a thing for peeing when stressed out. Huey then told Dawn about how he felt fully, but he didn't want to tell her the details of it, feeling as though he would be dumping his problems on her. Instead, he blamed his stress on him still not being used to high school yet.

"Well," Dawn began, she strummed her harp as she spoke, "I can't say I relate, I've never been to actual school before, but what I can say is I feel as though you're putting too much stress on yourself," she then began playing a cohesive melody, "you're only fifteen, you can't expect to always be right and always make good decisions; you've always felt grown, but you're not ready to be, and that's okay"

Huey listened to her speak, Dawn had a very soothing speaking voice, the type that made you pay full attention to her, it was soft but not necessarily high pitched, weirdly enough it seemed to give her words a lot more weight than they may have actually had.

"If you want I can sing another song"

Huey looked up at Dawn, who was giving him a look he couldn't really pinpoint. He looked away, be didn't want to seem obsessed with her voice or anything, but hearing her sing was quite the tempting offer.

He didn't even need to say anything, as she had already began playing a very gentle melody on her harp, "down by the water, under the willow, sits a young ranger, minding the willow..."

Huey leaned back on the tree, closing his eyes, "he and his wife once lived happily, planted a seed that grew through the reeds" he could already feel his stress from earlier begin to fade with each note his friend sang, "summers and winters through snowy Decembers, sat by the water close to the embers, missing out the lives that they once had before..."