The Weekend Write-In Podcast

Our cousin-profile, The_Weekend_Write-In, celebrates Ooorah's 10th anniversary with a Scifi edition of their podcast! Check it out for a variety of stories read by your favourite TevunKrus authors!

The Weekend Write-In Podcast celebrates turning two alongside the Wattpad science fiction profile Ooorah which turns 10 this month! Ooorah's captain Jinn Tiole joins John and Søvn to discuss writing science fiction. We then travel across space and time to hear a variety of short science fiction stories and a poem as read by the authors themselves.

 We then travel across space and time to hear a variety of short science fiction stories and a poem as read by the authors themselves

Find the link to the podcast in the first comment on this chapter. And if you want to know more about The Weekend Write-In, here's a short introduction:

The Weekend Write-In is a small group of writers who, every week, write stories based on a one-word prompt. The only requirements are that the resulting pieces are 500 words or less and bear some resemblance to the week's subject. But - then again - nobody's counting and there are some very devious minds there. Those who take part in the Write-In are encouraged to comment on the other stories written that week and to cheer on their fellow writers.

After joining the Weekend Write-in, Søvn Drake (aka sleepingdraco) thought it would be great idea to produce a podcast where the participants in the Weekend Write-In would be invited to read out their stories and record them so that others could hear their voices. She persuaded John Nedwill (johnnedwill) to help her, and the two set off to produce a monthly podcast which is now in its third year.

During its run, the Weekend Write-In podcast has had two collaborations with the Ooorah! profile. These have featured interviews with the Ooorah! members during which they talked about their work, discussed what goes on with Tevun-Kruss and read out their work. The first of these collaborations took place in October 2020, while the second took place in October this year.

The Weekend Write-In podcast is not just for those who take part in the weekly prompts. It is open to anyone who wants to contribute. All you need to take part is a story and way to record it. Or, if you're stuck, you can always ask the production team to set up a recording session.

If you're interested, you can contact Søvn and John through their profiles, or you can email them at weekendwritein@gmail.com.