2

For the next month and following, has been haunting Hoju. The disappearance of Jinwoo's father is inevitable and he feels like he's at fault. So the only thing he could do was be by Jinwoo's side.

And when the day came, Hoju welcomed jinwoo with open arms. Jinwoo cried so much that he fell asleep on him. Hoju felt so guilty that he couldn't do anything. He tried. He tried to make excuses to make Jinwoo's father stay to avoid this very day, but now all he could do was apologies so the sleeping beauty for being weak.

Hoju stayed the night at Jinwoo's place with his parent's permission. He didn't want to be away from jinwoo since jinwoo had been so attached to him and wants to help him be at ease even just a little. After all Jinwoo's mother would be busy taking care of herself as well as jinah, Jinwoo's little sister.

It was 2 in the morning and Hoju couldn't sleep at all. The guilt still eats him inside that he couldn't stop looking at the sleeping jinwoo beside him with pain in his chest.

Hoju sat up against the bed frame. He felt so useless.

(I couldn't do anything. I couldn't help jinwoo...)

Then suddenly the screen appeared in front of him.

(the timer...)

The screen before him displayed that he has a mail to open.

[ WELCOME PLAYER]

(player? Like Jinwoo's)

Hoju clicked on the email, letting the message appear.

[ MISSION: AID THE FUTURE SHADOW MONARCH ]

• To grow strong to help the Shadow Monarch on his journey

• To be by the Shadow Monarch's side always

Do you accept?

Yes / No 

(what?) Hoju blinked thrice. He looked at jinwoo and the screen continuously.

(was this why I was reborn into this world? Was this my role? To help jinwoo?)

Hoju dismissed the mail as jinwoo turned his body towards Hoju. Hoju spent the rest of the night drowning in his guilt and questions.

It was after lunch of the next day, he and jinwoo were alone in the living room of the Sung's apartment. The television was on despite no one is watching. Both children were looking at their dangling feet from the couch.

"Hoju?" Jinwoo speaks.

"Hm?"

"Will you leave me too?"

"Why are asking me that?"

"Dad went missing, mom has been sick. I'm scared that mom will leave me too"

"Jinwoo, look at me" Hoju sat facing him. "I'm not gonna leave you,"

A teary-eyed jinwoo looked at him. "promise?" Jinwoo asked as he brought up his pinky.

Hoju let up an amused smile and locked pinky with jinwoo, "I promise. I won't ever leave you. Don't leave me too yea?"

"Mhm! I promise too!"

Jinwoo laid his head on hoju's lap as Hoju pats his head.

(i promise jinwoo,) Hoju thought to himself, (i won't ever leave you. And I'll be by your side,)

Do you accept?

Yes / No