prologue

" Ki bolcho tumi Sanu. Tumi pagol hoe gacho! ( what are you saying Sanu. You have gone insane)  He gasps, tripping over an upturned chair that he had dashed in a fit of rage..

A fit of rage! It can destroy the most beautiful thing into the most destroyed!

They are on the verge of dismantling the most real thing between them.

Them!!

" Hoche na. Ami ar parbo na! ( it's not happening. I can't do it anymore!)  She says, voice, quivering, yet cold, freezing cold. He looked for something warm in her gaze.. Something, anything.. Anything that can hold them strong.

Only, he is met with the most coldest stare.

" Sanu.. Tumi sob kichu nosto kore dicho. Keno? ( you are destroying everything! Why?) " He asks, unable to believe his ears. Uable to grasp what she is saying.

She's different. So different than how she was. She has changed. A changed woman now. The eyes, that used to be so soft before, now cold like stone. The face that used to dazzle all the time, now hard, harsh. The hands that uses to weave magic through his hair, soft and beautiful, fidgeting on her lap, crude and angry..

" Don't you know? Tumi jano na (dont you know). In fact isn't that the biggest problem between us! That you don't know a thing that goes wrong. You don't know a single thing Sidharth. Tumi toh kichui jano. Kokhono janar chesta o koro ni. Etai toh sob theke boro problem amader modhe Sidharth! ( you don't know a thing. Never even tried. And this is the biggest problem between us Sidharth!)   she sighs, averting her eyes from him, probably trying to hide the pain that would reflect and spill if she takes another look towards him.

May be a little something is still left between them that a single touch and flicker of his eyes can easily mend. Only she is not ready to give in.

She's giving up!
She's different.. A lot changed. And he's unaware what changed between them and how! And when!

No not when.. He knows when.. Just, unable to believe that she can let something so unrealistic change their subtle beautiful relationship..

" Baba ak baar sono amar kotha please! (baba listen to me once please)  he said, pleading the last time. Trying one last time to hold on to the last string that can mend them back.  Taking a walk to his wife.

" Don't you dare touch me Sidharth. Sex sob kichu r solution hoe na.(sex is not the solution to everything) I wish you could understand that! She hisses, wrongly taking his advance for sex, throwing his hands off,in a rage. Hands she always wished to be around them, holding them strong. And now, she was throwing them off. Off to what he was still unaware.

Sex, true they solved through it. But their problems used to be feeble, negligible. Almost non existent. Tangible all the time, nothing much to discuss seriously. They hardly fought. Up until today. Their first major fight!

He wished she would talk. How he wished she would just talk and give him a chance to make everything alright.

Only she wasn't ready to give that chance. That one last chance.

Or probably the first! She never complained. Up until today.

" So you really want to give up! " He asks, hurt, a lot hurt. His own self giving up slowly. Despite him not really wishing to.

Yet, a human could do as much..

" Yes. " She says, coldly.

" Tumi amader 5 bochor er biye 5 masher jonno bhenge dicho.. (You are destroying our marriage of 5 years for 5 months) . You are ruining everything good that we had.. Please don't... "   He said, his voice, barely audible, still pleading, as he takes his packed up suitcase and leaves,waiting for a few extra minutes before he has to drag himself and go. He needs to go. He has a flight to catch..

But she doesn't budge. Not an inch. Her body, stoned. Her gaze averted. Her hands, still fidgeting with the corner of her chunni. And he sighs. Broken, dejected. Taking a last look around their messed up room, he takes a leave, leaving everything behind. Their life, their marriage, their togetherness, their happiness. Everything.

And a broken Shehnaaz, as she breaks down once the whole apartment resonates with the loud crashing sound of the door..

Sidharth is gone.. And so is the hope. The last hope.

Their marriage, breaking apart...