༒ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 68༒

Start from the beginning

A small smile appeared on Kokos face upon seeing you instantly relaxing in the water. Even though it was a small thing, he was still happy. A warm bubbly bath always does wonders and it just proved it right there once more. 

He sat down on the edge of the bathtub, pulling the sleeves of his dress shirt up. He dipped his hands in the water, wetting them before taking a shampoo bottle and squirting some shampoo into the palm of his hands. Distributing it between his hands, he told you to let your head fall back a bit so he could massage the shampoo into your hair. 

Letting out another comfortable sigh, almost a moan, from the way Koko was massaging your head. Feeling at ease for once in a while again, you let your shoulders relax, Koko instantly noticing making him smile some more. Happy that he could ease your mind, even if it was for just a split second. 

He continued until your hair was completely shampooed, soaked and soapy. 

The next step was to wash your body. Getting a body sponge, he took a body wash and soaked the sponge with it. He started to carefully wash your body, lifting your arms to scrub you clean but still being careful with the bandages around it. Making sure that they wouldn't get wet.

His hands travelled lower to wash your lower body parts. Though he was rather hesitant to tell you to spread your legs. Obviously it was just for washing you up but still, he felt like he was invading your space with that a bit too much.

For a second you stared into his eyes and just stared. Not doing anything. Not saying anything... making him feel slightly flustered. 

He cleared his throat, feeling a bit embarrassed for some reason, making your eyes widen, mouth agape as you studied his flustered expression. Cupping his cheeks with your hands, you leaned in, making him even redder than before, your lips ghosting over his as you kept your eyes locked with his. 

"(y/n)-", he hesitantly breathed out when a little shimmer in your eyes caught his attention,  goosebumps rising up on his skin when he felt your lips dangerously close, your eyes seemingly reading him like an open book. He felt himself getting lost in your eyes. Almost like in a trance, he breathed out "you're beautiful", against your lips as you blinked, your eyes drifting towards his lips for a split second before returning to his eyes once more. 

Before he could react though, you grabbed him by his upper arm, pulling him into the tub with you. He let out a yelp before trying to regain his balance, hovering over you when he grabbed the edges of the bathtub. Water dripping down his body, face and hair as he looked at you in pure shock and surprise. 

You let out a melodic laugh, making Kokos heart beat suddenly faster when he started to laugh as well. "You little-", his hands finding your sides, tickling you, creating a mess around you two as the water was spilling over the bathtub, the bubbles getting splattered everywhere. You both laughing joyfully like two kids playing in the snow. 

If he could, he would forever keep that smile on your face, wanting nothing more than to hear you laugh so full of life and love. 

His heart was beating heavy in his chest when you both calmed down and he was hovering above your form, his eyes locked with yours as you kept grinning like a child up at him, trying to catch your breath. 

He slowly leaned down, his lips barely touching yours as he couldn't take his eyes off of you, he could truthfully forever get lost in your eyes. Drinking you completely up as he admired you in all your glory. The feeling of warmth, comfort and familiarity was giving him flashbacks and nostalgic feelings. 

A memory flashing before his eyes. 

Words he had long forgotten as he was so deep into the criminals path. Getting his fill with money and every woman he could get between his fingers, burying his memories far away, deep into the depths of his corrupted heart. 

As your eyes studied his, you caught a glimpse of something you couldn't exactly pin point in his eyes. His expression rather unreadable. His thoughts drifting far off. 

A sudden sense of shame washed over him. He was ashamed of who he became after everything that had happened. He wanted nothing more than to be a decent man, yet here he was, corrupted. Blood on his hands, dirty money slipping though them as it was his only reason to live now. 

He had lost everything in one night. 

He let out a shaky breath, his eyes showing desperation, a flash of regret and sadness in them as his hands found your face, cupping your jaw tightly, pulling you in. His grip desperate around your face, as if he was afraid you would slip away when he almost crashed his lips against yours. A kiss full of despair and feelings you couldn't decipher as you let him abuse your lips, as the words of his first love echoed in his mind over and over again, wanting nothing more than to shut them up but he couldn't. 

Not when it was her sweet voice, telling him over and over...

"you should only kiss the person you like"

_________

Authors Note

the song/melody mirrors the glimpse of happiness exchanged between them while showing also the slight desperation at the end.