Here before

It was a cool autumn breeze. It flowed through the slightly ajar window and brushed gently through Ashes white hair. Ashe was comfortably laying in his bed. Pillows and blankets scattered across the bed. Creating a blanket cocoon keeping the prince warm and cozy

 Creating a blanket cocoon keeping the prince warm and cozy

Ashe always loved the look of his room. Despite basically living in there it never got old or became an eyesore. Ashe never really wanted to leave his room, he despised his father. His dad has always abused him physically, verbally and mentally. His father also looked almost nothing like him Ashe had White hair and amber eyes with freckles dotted softly across the bridge of his nose and neck. His father had brown hair and dimples. The only thing they shared was amber eyes. That's not rare though. Over 50% of the citizens in Willows Edge has amber eyes so that wouldn't solidify their connections as "Family by blood". It's a bloody lie most likely.

Ashe heard footsteps approaching causing him to quickly rise from the bed. He rushed to tidy his bed and hair. Ashe swiftly pulled out his journal and started to write down nonsense making it look like he was busy. His dad barged through the door, not caring to knock.

"Ugh- still writing in that thing?" Ashes dad asked, already slightly irritated.

"Yes, I am" Ashe quietly answered

"Well, the wedding is within a week. So you better pick out a suit from the fashion store in the Heaven district."

"You mean Dulcis dies?" Ashe asks.

"Sure whatever it's called." Ashes dad responds sternly.

"Why can't I get clothing from
Nox chorus in the Vintage dist-" Ashe was quickly cut off by his dad yelling-

"ABSOLUTELY NOT! I will not have my son dress in FILTHY clothing from that poor district."

"Bu-"

"Not another word." Ashes dad stares deeply into his eyes, as if in attempt to snatch Ashes soul. His father storms off slamming the door, creating a small crack in the wall.

"Not another word" Ashe whispered to himself. He's heard those words so many times. Whenever those words were apart of a memory it became blurry. And with so many blurry memories, it caused them to merge into one scenario. This blurriness caused Ashe to ask himself

"Wasn't I here before?"

Ashe slowly closed his journal and got up. He careful opened the door and looked down the hallway. He could see his father yelling at one of the maids, that's not new. If he wants hitting Ashe he was hitting the maids. Ashe quickly walked down the opposite hall and down the stairs to the grand room. He shuffled through one of the connected rooms into his closet. Ashe grabbed a white button up shirt, black jeans, velvet vest and a set of golden moon shaped earrings. He walked towards the large entrance gates and pushed them open after a few seconds of struggling. After a moment of debating, Ashe decided to head to the Vintage district instead of Heaven district.

Ashe strutted down the cobblestone streets of the Vintage district. He loved the old rustic style of it. The entire district had a hint of cinnamon in the air. It was calming and soothing. Everyone in the district knew Ashe personally he came that often. Ashes plan was to buy his desired clothing from Nox chorus and hide it. He would then wait until the last minute before wearing it for the wedding. Sure he would receive a thrashing from father, but he was used to it.

"HELLO ASHE!" A female voice rang out.  Ashe turned around and saw a familiar face. Her name was Rosa. She was the shopkeeper of Nox chorus.

"Hey Rosa. How's things going?" I ask

"Pretty slow as usual." She responded

'"Ah, I see."

"Anyways what you here for now?" She asked in a stern joking way

"I need something relatively fancy. But still still have that vintage style."

"Ooh, interesting. Let me see what we have."

She quickly dove into the back room. I could here faint rustling and metal scraping. After a few minutes she came back through and presented me the outfit

 After a few minutes she came back through and presented me the outfit

Rosa began to speak

Rosa began to speak

"I kept those jeans and vest just for you. I knew you would like them. I also just found that necklace back there and I thought it would look cute." Ashe stared deeply into the necklace. It was absolutely beautiful. It shined lightly in the sun's rays.

"Thank you dear. How much do I owe you?" Ashe inquires.

"It's £13.45 for the vest. And £16.25 for the jeans. So you're total is... £29.70."

"What about the necklace?" Ashe asks.

"I only just found it so I can't give it a fair price. So let's call it an early wedding gift."

"Oh. Thank you" Ashe said with a warm smile on his face. Ashe pays for the clothing and walks out of the store and back to the palace to hide his newly bought clothing.

Word count: 831