34 - Shiny Ornaments

Start from the beginning

Sweet Jesus. Just as long as he doesn't come looking for me.

And then, leaving Harry behind to haunt the forbidden forest, off we flew to go on our end of year rescue mission.

"What the fuck?" I seethed when it turned out the Department of Mysteries was derelict. "HE ISN'T EVEN HERE!"

Merlin, I was going to get a serious breakout of pimples from all this unnecessary stress. A few summer spa treatments should sort me out nicely when I get home.

"Perhaps they've already left?" Hermione pondered unhelpfully. "Or maybe you were just dreaming after all?"

"Dreaming about Padfoot, eh?" Ron snickered, nudging me in the side with his elbow. "I told you you'd like that dirty dog, didn't I?"

But I wasn't listening as something had caught my eye. A glass orb with my name on it.

It was beautiful, and I couldn't help but think how fabulous it would look displayed on my vanity unit at home.

So, I reached out and took it. I mean, it wasn't stealing if it had my name on it, surely?

"Ooo, it's so pretty," Luna gushed as I held it up in my hands for all to admire.

"Yes, just like it's owner," a sharp voice spoke, making us all whirl round. "Now hand it over."

I gulped. Lucius Malfoy was grinning evilly at us, along with about a dozen or so other Death Eaters.

Wait- did he just call me pretty? I was tempted to tell him that his son certainly thought so too.

But there was no time for chit chat, and soon we found ourselves running with the glass orb clutched safely in my hand. Like fuck was I going to give up my new shiny ornament which will go nicely with my crystal chandelier.

What does the barbie doll want with it anyway? Isn't he rich rich? Greedy fucker.

But damn it, I ended up trusting Neville with it and he dropped it. Well this was a wasted bastard trip. And to top it all off, we found ourselves in a fight which ended very badly indeed.

"Sirius!" I gasped as he showed up with the rest of the Order to save us. "Thank god! We came here to rescue you!"

"As you can see, my dear Cece," he grinned as he blasted away a Death Eater who was just about to smack a chair down on my head, "you're the one who needs rescuing, not me."

He held out his arms and I couldn't resist running into them. I had never felt so relieved to see him alive. And I couldn't wait to go back and tell Harry that his godfather wasn't d-

"Avada Kedavra!"

Oh... never mind.

*****

I got to experience a little of what Draco went through during those times he allowed Harry to possess his body.

Because Voldemort decided to possess mine.

To be honest, I really wasn't in the mood. Sirius had just died and I was mightily pissed off at Bellatrix for killing him and wanted to claw her face with my newly manicured nails, so his timing kind of sucked.

But these things happen, so I sucked it up and let Voldemort do his thing.

Luckily, Dumbledore randomly stepped in and put a halt to proceedings, claiming it was way past my curfew and that playtime was over.

So, understanding the need for beauty sleep, Voldemort went on his merry way claiming that he'll see me again next year, and maybe Dumbledore will let me stay out a little later next time.

I was pretty bummed out when I sat in Dumbledore's office and waited for him to have a 'serious talk with the adults'.

I'd lost my shiny new ornament and Harry's godfather all in one night.

I dreaded coming face to face with him. Would he blame me? He shouldn't. It was his sodding insistence that I go to the Ministry in the first place.

My mind drifted to Draco. I wondered how he was going to take the news about his father being arrested. I'd probably get blamed for that one too.

Oh god. Everyone was going to go back to hating me again, weren't they? It was the Triwizard Tournament all over again, although instead of Harry being murdered, it was Sirius.

My beautiful hot dog. Gone.

"Oh Cecilia, don't cry."

I look up and nearly shit myself. Dumbledore is sitting in front of me behind his desk where the chair only seconds ago, was empty. How the fuck does he do that?

"Of course I'm crying!" I wail dramatically. "Sirius is dead because of me!"

"No, Cecilia," Dumbledore says in an infuriatingly calm voice, "Sirius is dead because Bellatrix Lestrange killed him."

"Whatever," I sniff moodily, "he's still dead. And Harry's dead, and I'm left wondering who it's going to be next year. Hopefully me."

Dumbledore's eyes flash. "Do not wish yourself dead, child. You have so much left to learn, so much yet to do."

Huh. What strange choice of wording. But then again, this is Dumbledore.

He then spoke to me about some prophecy shit, which, long story short, explains that I'm the Chosen One. They thought it was meant for Harry at first, but it turned out that Trelawney had got her dates mixed up or something. I don't know... I wasn't really listening, I was too traumatised to discover that this war could only end when I kill Voldemort... if he doesn't kill me first, that is.

At this point, I am tempted to just pitch myself off the Astronomy Tower.

Welcome to another episode of My Fucked Up Life.

*****