𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

It's too cold. He's numb. Frostbite spread up his legs, making him shiver once more, rain still pouring rapdily down his back.

Tommy hoisted his body up, slapping himself harshly in the face to try get him back into reality.

"I have to get home." Tommy pulled the hair out of his face. He chose to try and ignore what just happened the best he can, for the stability of his mind.

Does he have anything on him? Tommy patted down his pockets, then opening his inventory, it layed empty.

"Fuck. Not even a compass?" Tommy groaned, his chattering jaw throbbed from being slammed into the ground. He strangled a breath through his teeth, white steam exiting his mouth when he exhaled.

Tommy always has a compass on him recently. Maybe he set it down when he went to bed after talking to Phil.

Fuck.

Or maybe the corpse in front of him took it, trying to take him away from his home forever. Trying to take away any remaining happiness this boys trembling hands could hold tight.

Dream almost snapped the thread.

The thread that screamed at Tommy to stay alive, to not leave this world. To still have hope.

Hope for home, for family again.

A family that isn't torn apart from beliefs or government.

Only for a little while. Only so Tommy could taste love one last time. Even if it's only for a little while.

Tommy knelt down in front of Dream, pushing him over with his bare foot, muck smearing on the once smiling man's chest. Blood stained Tommy's fingertips as he searched his pockets for a compass.

Searching and searching and searching and--

A familiar circle shape filled the blondes hand, a suppressed exhale of releif came out from his lips, a compass.

The compass that Technoblade had given him if he ever needed to come home.

"Home"

--

Suddenly it was warm. Suddenly Tommy was home again, suddenly Tommy was dry and in warm clothing, but this is only a memory.

Technoblade grunted, rummaging around in his pockets. "Here."

The hybrid held the purple glinted compass in front of his brothers face.

Tommy took it into his palms hesitantly, inspecting it's features.

It looked so well made, brand new. All of Tommy's other compasses were badly made, old, and scratched to it's wits end.

Tommy rubbed his thumb across the glass screen, purple glistened into his blue eyes as it read "Home".

"Use this if you ever need a way home," The pinkette started, pushing up his glasses. Technoblade has never looked to humble.

"keep it on you at all times. And don't let anyone see it, we're secret and all that, remember?" Technoblade perked a small grin at the teen.

"Alright blade, I'll keep it in mind." Tommy smiled back, shoving the present into one of his coat pockets.

It brought warmth to the avians heart how much Techno trusted him. He can tell by him not wearing any armour in front of him, and giving him gifts.

Gifts that could potentially secure future safety.

It was warm.

But the rain started to pour again.

--

Tommy's father couldn't sleep, he should be asleep. It's gods knows o'clock in the morning.

Phil layed in bed on his stomach, arms comfortably tucked underneath his pillow. He stretched out his wings slightly, slowly giving up on the idea of rest.

something is wrong. Out of place, moved about, missing, anything anywhere, something.

The avian checked the clock on his wall, it read "3:26am".

After about another hour or so, Phil had decided to use that sleeping potion Techno had used for Tommy, but this time just one spoonful. The blonde chuckled quietly at the thought.

Philza quietly stepped out of his room, walking past his sons rooms.

He couldn't help but check up on them, he truly is a father at heart, an old warrior, but a father.

Technoblades room came first, the avian quietly creaked opened the door. Where the blood god layed dormant, long pink hair scattered just about everywhere on his pillow, sleeping peacefully, a book laying beside him.

Phil smiled warmly. It felt like just yesterday he had found Techno and Wilbur cowering in the nether as young children, Technoblade in front with a gold sword as expected.

They both had slightly curled pink hair that was unruly, so adorable. And their clothes that were probably ripped out of any dumpster at any possible piglin village.

Phil closed the door quietly.

The avian quickly skipped past Wilburs old room, saving himself from any negative emotions.

He walked further down the hallway, coming across a door with the words carved into it:

"TOMMY INNIUT ABODE. DO NOYT ENTRE!"

The avian slapped a hand over his mouth to stop a wheeze coming out. That boy cannot spell for his life.

After calming down, he slowly opened the door.

Tommy was sprawled across the bed, bed head and all. His room dark and warm with closed curtains.

At least, that's what he should of saw.

Phils heart sunk, he let go of the door knob.

"Tommy?"

--

*sips apple juice*

it was like 11pm at night when I wrote this, so it might not be as good as the last chapter, BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOYED! :D

Ily and ty for reading! <33

(Please tell me if there's spelling mistakes 💀)

Word count: 1393 words