"Marie, if I sign, that means we are on opposite sides.  You are one of my best friends.  I know Steve won't sign and I've got a good feeling that Bucky won't sign either.  How could I abandon my family? Leave my best friends? My nephew?"

This was exactly what Sophia had feared for so many years.  That her family would be torn apart.  She had tried to contact Natasha with no response. Now she understood why.  "Sam, we would have understood if you wanted to stay with the woman that you love.  We wouldn't have made you choose."

"I told her that I loved her.  The same day.  It was the first time. But it wasn't enough. Even if there wasn't this family, I still couldn't sign.  The enhanced in the world need us to be strong to show that we can't be controlled by faceless people.  Steve is right.  What if they send us somewhere to do their dirty work?  I can't live with that.   Can you?"

"No," Sophia shook her head, "I couldn't."  She went back to the conversation she had with Tony before they had left for London.

'Tony, I need to leave Peter here while we attend the funeral.  Just please make sure he gets to school on time and he doesn't eat his weight in junk food,' she said as she packed her dress.

'Rose, are we not going to talk about this?' Tony asked, his arms folded over his chest.  He looked back down the hallway to see if Steve was coming. 

'I need to think about this Tony.  You are asking for my free will to be bound to this document.'

'No Rosie I am not.  I am asking that you have a new direction on how we handle your powers.  When and where to use them.' 

'I don't use them now Tony.  I don't go on missions.  I am telling you that there is something wrong with these accords. Ross wants something more.  I can feel it. They are going to break this family apart.'

Tony sighed as he continued to look at his sister.  'Rose, I know you think that this will break us apart but signing them is the best thing for all of us, you'll see'. 

Sophia huffed at his words.  'I'll think about it Tony.  That's the best I can do right now.' She leaned over and kissed his cheek.  'We'll talk when we get back, ok.  Thank you for watching Peter.  Love you.'

'Love you too sis.  Have a safe flight.'

She stopped and looked back at Steve, still asleep.  "I told Tony I would think about it.  As soon as we get Bucky and get back, we should start looking for a new place to live."  She turned and smiled at Sam.  "A nice big house with plenty of rooms.  So, our family can be together."

Sam reached out for Sophia's hand. "I know that this is yours and Steve's and Bucky's saying but to the end of the line, right?"

She took his hand. "To the end of the line. And it's the family moto." Sophia knew that he understood.  He was her family. She looked at her watch.  "I should probably wake up Sleeping Beauty.  We have to be at the church in a couple of hours.  You should get ready as well."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

At the cathedral, Sophia is standing with Steve and Sam, talking with the other guests.  Sophia looks over at the altar.  The different flowers in white cascading everywhere surrounding a picture of Peggy in her uniform. She tried to bring her attention back to the conversation in front of her when she felt a tremble in Steve's hand.  "Excuse us, Steve, I'm getting a call.  Could you come with me?"

Steve excused himself and Sophia led him to the side garden.  "Sweetie, are you ok?"

"They keep looking at me.  I hate it." Steve mumbled, his head down.