23 |• Unspoken vow •

Start from the beginning

The blue-haired woman promptly draw her fan to lift the albino's chin, light crystal ones stared pointedly to the girl's lackluster, canary eyes which didn't remind her the ray of hope nor resemble a sunny shade that makes her eyes stand out of devout loyalty and utmost protectiveness.

The matured fox sneered in notion upon watching her kin's eyes that is similar to a dead fish, striking up a piece of admonishment for the depressed one. Tsune smoothly tap Anna's head quite a number of times as if she's scolding her child, leaving the girl no room to talk.

"How unbefitting of you. Listen here, brat. This world is unforgiving from the moment you step foot on this land. There is always a sacrifice to pay for trying to protect a human's fickle life. The time you have with him is limited. So better spent time with them or you'll regret it. Got it?" The five-tailed demoness advise her niece.

Anna's golden eyes brim with relief and sadness. "Alright," she choke up with little comfort residing in her chest.

"Good," Tsune offers a close-eyed smile to her kin, patting the little one's head.

"Remember, his future lies in your hands," the woman quoted to the flinching maiden.

Anna didn't have the strength to reply, all she could ever do was nod at her rational ally.

"Accompany him in his next mission and then bid your farewell to him. Natsuo will sought you and bring you to me," the periwinkle fox ordered before she disappeared from her spot at the same time the traversing glittering blue ice arises to spawn in Tsune's trail.

As for the silver demon, she had a blank expression, in contrast, to the intense pain she was feeling inside of her chest. Slowly while the female sat rigidly, heat started to simmer, colliding and overlapping the emotions of frustration, sadness and all into her trembling figure.

A bare trace of menace flickers in her eyes and her temper was in almost like a storm about to explode.

It felt like something is snapping within her, and–

BANG

The short female suddenly slams her fist on the ground, her knuckles cracking in ache with stinging frustration.

"Stupid demon lord!" she curses in an abrupt, low-pitch scream.

The white-haired creature wanted to punch the living daylights of Muzan Kibutsuji, so much for destroying her peaceful times with her friends. That damnable, greedy monster can't help but desire to conquer the humanity to the point that he decided to grab whatever opportunity he has.

The audacity of that monster! And now, he may target her precious people because of her.

But if Muzan really intends to capture her. Albeit, the fox's train of relentless worries leads her to have second thoughts; this nagging feeling from Anna must be kept in privy, no one else should know this night's event (especially, her closed friends.)