Chapter 6: Aslan's Camp

Start from the beginning

"You and I both know you can't control yourself just yet. You'll end up drowning your royals," Chloe would swear she thought the wolf was smirking at her. The water wavered as she thought maybe it would be a bad idea, she didn't want to risk the others if the wave took them under.

The wolf walked closer, it was then that Chloe noticed they were being herded toward the edge of the ice, "Leave now while you can," the wolf told Peter, "And your brother leaves with you."

"Stop! Maybe we should listen to him!" Susan yelled.

He chuckled evilly, "Smart girl,"

"Susan you're mad if you think he's actually gonna do what he says," Chloe muttered, her hand still poised to attack.

Beaver was yelling from his spot, "Don't listen to him! Kill him! Kill him now!"

But Peter made no move to stab him with the sword, keeping it pointed at the wolf but not attacking, "Come on. This isn't your war," the wolf shook its head, "All my Queen wants is for you to take your family and friend here and go."

"Look, just because some man in a big coat hands you a sword, it doesn't make you a hero!" Susan yelled, trying to get her brother to stop, "Just drop it!"

That was when Chloe had a feeling, she slowly looked to the waterfall, it was as though she could feel the water running down, thinning the ice. Then she got an idea, "Peter she's right!" She yelled, bringing her hand down, the water falling back to the river, "Drop it."

"No!" Beaver yelled, "Narnia needs you!"

"What's it gonna be, Son of Adam? I won't wait forever," the wolf was practically right in front of the sword, "And neither will the river," he indicated.

Chloe was trying to gather her strength, she knew what she had to do, channeling the running water beside them. She noticed the haze in her staff swirling around, and suddenly there was a large crack going down the center of the waterfall, water spewing out.

"PETER!" Lucy screamed when she saw it.

Peter and Susan flinched, and he looked around trying to figure out what to do, "Put the sword in the ice," Chloe whispered, "I'll handle the rest."

He heard her over the sound of the rushing water and nodded, "Hold on to me!" He yelled to his sisters before stabbing the sword into the crack that had formed on the ice.

They started to drift down the river, and that was when Chloe finally pushed the water out. It burst through the ice, collapsing it down onto the wolves who whimpered when they realized they'd been outsmarted. Chloe felt proud, until she realized the wave was a lot bigger than she'd planned. With one hand on her staff, and the other gripping Peter's coat, she struggled to get it under control.

They were underwater, but continued to remain a firm grip on each other, Chloe concentrated as much as she could to calm the wave, trying to steady her erratic heartbeat- and finally felt herself taking a large gulp of air once they'd broken the surface. The current was strong, but Chloe controlled what she could, pushing their bit of ice to shore, with the help of the Beavers.

The water was beyond cold and when Chloe had made it to shore she was quick to heat herself up, finding comfort in the purple smoke that traced her body as she got dry, "Alright, who needs to get dry?" She asked, "I think it's safe to say I've got the hang of this."

"I think Lucy should go first- Lu?" Susan turned only to see her brother holding onto their younger sister's coat...but no Lucy in it, "What have you done?!" She gasped.

Peter's face went pale and immediately Susan started calling for Lucy while Chloe was completely prepared to dive back into the icy water to look for her. But just before she could dive, they heard a frail voice coming from further down the shore ask, "Has anyone seen my coat?"