She nodded and walked over handing me the cake with confidence.

"You deserved this. I didn't take enough money to buy a separate cake, but you deserve special attention."

I rushed over and hugged her wrapping my arms around her neck. She stood there with her arms out holding the cake.

She brought one arm down rubbing my back. "You get one wish as a present. Do you have anything you'd want me to do for you?"

"Anything?" I smiled.

"Anything." She answered seriously placing the cake down on the car. 

I kissed her neck and she took a step back. I pressed her on the door of the car.

"I haven't held you in a few days now.  Way too long for a man who needs love." I placed another kiss on her neck. "I'm picturing satin on your body...your hair on my pillow.."

She leaned her head bringing her lips closer. "Is that your wish?"

Bed of roses by Bon Jovi started playing from the parking lot speakers.

I traced a line from her neck down to her chest. I waited a bit and then sang together with the song . "bed of roses.."

She pointed at something behind me. I turned around and saw there was a flower shop across the road that was still open.

She took my hand and walked me towards the store, before I could even say I was just teasing.

She glanced around the counter and then tried to get the attention of the woman behind the counter who was watching something on her phone. "Do you have any rose petals?"

"No umm.."

"Then how many roses do you have?" She asked the saleswoman.

"I think around 20 something.. I 'll have to check.." The woman looked around staring at Sole a bit confused.

"We'll take them all." She said.

"I'm sorry are you an actress or something?" The woman asked.

"No." Sole shook her head.

"I'm sorry." The woman chuckled awkwardly. "You're just really beautiful."

Sole remained quiet, glancing at the roses.

The woman gathered all the roses from the store. "Should I wrap them?" She asked.

"No. That won't be necessary. I'll kill them anyway." Sole extended her arm to take them.

The woman, visibly confused handed them to her.

I tried my best not to laugh.

Sole took them and left the store. I pulled out my wallet handing the woman money. " Thank you so much. You've been wonderful."  I smiled and at her and she just smiled back a bit awkward and embarrassed.

I left the store and got back to the car in a hurry. Sole was ready to go, the cake and flowers in her lap.

"You're serious about this?" I said starting the car.

"It's your wish so we should do it properly." She said without a speck of a funny remark.

I suddenly felt a nervous tingle and excitement.

She suddenly leaned towards me staring at my lips. "Do you doubt me?"

"No." I looked at her lips. "I'm just surprised."

She looked up at my eyes. "Why?"

I could ask that myself. I expected her to nervously laugh...tease me...say she was only kidding.. be shy.. be a bit embarrassed.. but she seemed so calm. Ready for fulfilling my desires and her willingness to do so, without second guessing herself, caused some surprise.

"I'll make this a warm night for you." She took me hand not breaking eye contact.