Entrance Exam

Today is the day. Today is the day I become a hero! 

Well not really, but it's the day of the entrance exam, and a little optimism never hurt when it comes to tests. With that in mind, I jump out of bed and put on my least favorite sweatpants and tank top.  The clothes probably wouldn't survive whatever test the best hero school in japan had prepared.

I dash out of my room and leap down the steps, uncaring for what would normally be safe. Today is the day, baby! Nothing can slow me down, I will join U.A. Highschool!

...This sucks, where the hell is Izuku! I've been waiting for that dummy for over an hour! how could he possibly not show up early! Doesn't he know how important this is? He's the one who got me excited for this test, and he can't be bothered to show up with me?!

Nah, I'm just kidding, Izuku has worked hard, I just wish he had gone to sleep on time instead of staying up so late. Like, he's my best friend, and I'm worried he won't make it here on time. This is his dream after all, and he was determined to join, I'd hate to see him not make it because of his bad sleeping habits.

Though it seems I didn't need to worry. As the American's say, speak of the devil, and he shall appear. Right in front of me was said Green Idiot., his face showing excitement, but also disgust like he had eaten something horrendous.

"Hey Izuku, You alright? You look sick." To which he just nodded, before a smile broke out upon his lips.

"This is it, huh? Today is the day our future is decided." Izuku said under his breath, looking up at the large school, wonder and amazement shining in his eyes as he takes a deep breath, marking into the schoolyard.

I chuckle and follow him, Looking around the large lot, admittedly impressed with the size of the campus. When I was looking away, I heard a shrill shriek, causing me to snap my head in Izuku's direction, seeing he was a bit ahead of me, but also only a few inches from hitting his face against the floor.

That wasn't the weirdest part, though, no, that would be the fact that he was floating. Yeah, that's weird. Broccoli didn't have a flying quirk, he had a strength enhancer! At least, that's what he told me. To be completely honest, I'd never actually seen him use his quirk. 

Whenever I asked to see him use it, he brushes it off nervously, saying he needed to get stronger without his quirk first, saying that since it enhances his strength the stronger he was normally, the stronger he'd be when using his quirk, which made sense to me.

Anyways, I walk over to Izuku, helping him stand back up, patting his back as we look at who I suppose would be the one who saved my friend from dying to embarrassment. She touches her fingers together, and I felt Izuku's weight on my shoulder.

"Howdy, I'm guessing you're Greenbean's savior?" I ask, my face brightening to mimic a smile. She nods and smiles in return, though she seemed a bit shy about it.

"A-ah, yeah." She answers softly, before looking at Izuku. "S-sorry about using my quirk on you without permission, I didn't want you to fall on your face the day of the exams, bad luck y'know."

Izuku just nods, clearly dazed.

"Great! Good luck in the exam!" She exclaimed, before running off in the school's direction.

"Thanks, you too!" I shout after her, before chuckling. I look at Broccoli and mentally laugh at his blush.

Izuku stammers for a bit, before suddenly saying in a soft, excited whisper, "...I talked to a girl!" 

"I wouldn't exactly say you talked to her, but good for you, bud." I say, guiding him to the front entrance of the school as not to be late. Izuku nods and stumbles along, smiling as we step into the school. I won't lie it was, Amazing.  Just the whole sight of it was awe-inspiring. This is the place where we will spend the next few years learning to be the best we can be, where we will learn to save those who can't save themselves.