Boat or Yacht? [Part-3]

Start from the beginning

"Get the lifeboat down!" Harvey shouted to Hemingway, taking his jacket off and throwing it in the lifeboat (Hell, he payed over a thousand dollars for it, he wasn't going to get it wet). He then stepped back a bit, closed his eyes as he wondered just who else he would do this for (Coming up with just 3 people) and dived into the water.

The cold hit him like a ton of bricks but he praised himself on the spectacular swan dive - he had dabbled in diving in high school. He swam up for air and saw the lifeboat drifting away. "Alfred!" He yelled. "Bring it closer; we need to find Mike!"

"Something went wrong!" Hemingway yelled back. "I can't control it - it just keeps drifting!" It was getting further away as he was saying this, and Harvey decided he would dwell on it later after he found Mike. He took a deep breath and dived under, keeping an eye out for Mike.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw something, and turned to see Mike struggling just underneath the yacht; caught up in an unruly line that had become dislodged. He swam over, and clapped a hand to Mike's shoulder to show he was there. His associate jumped and turned, eyes pleading for help. Harvey squeezed his shoulder and made short work of the thick ropes entangled on Mike's body. The yacht hit something else, and Mike was yanked by the last rope around his left bicep upwards - hitting his head off the bottom of the yacht.

Harvey was running out of air - and if he was that meant that Mike definitely was. He pushed through the water quickly and dragged Mike towards him, yanking the last rope off his arm and dragging him up, eager to breathe.

They broke the surface with large gulps - Mike had let whatever air he had inside him out in shock when he hit his head, and was gasping and wheezing, trying to draw in breaths. He was making splashes in the water as he tried to stay afloat and eventually just clung to Harvey.

"Mike, are you okay? Mike!" Harvey shook him slightly, treading water with ease. The kid was pale and shivering, but had managed to pull his breaths in until he was breathing somewhat normally.

"Shit... this - we - I knew boats were evil!" Mike said in a ragged voice.

"Sure, kid - but this is a yacht," Harvey told him, assessing his associate's condition. He was too pale. "Are you okay?"

"Uh... I'm not really that strong a swimmer," Mike whimpered desperately. "I mean, I usually am, but I can't really move one of my arms..."

Horror enveloped Harvey at that statement. "Which one?" He asked calmly.

"The left one," Mike murmured, clutching at Harvey with his right hand, the left one flung uselessly over the older man's shoulder. Harvey inspected it. He couldn't see any blood, deep gashes or anything sticking out of it. Then he noticed it was an odd length...

"Shit, kid," he sighed. "Only you. You've dislocated your shoulder."

"Have I?" Mike asked curiously. "Oh... It doesn't hurt that much..."

"Wait for the adrenaline to go," Harvey said darkly. That was when he noticed the blood on Mike's head and remembered him hitting it off the bottom of the yacht. "How's your head?"

"Hurts," Mike whimpered, squeezing his eyes closed. "When are we being rescued?"

"I'm still working on that one," Harvey muttered, now completely unable to see the lifeboat. He felt a rippling in the water and glanced behind him. 'The Rose' was going down fast, and if they weren't careful, they would be dragged under with it. "Come on, Mike," he said, starting to swim. "We need to get away from the boat."

"It's a yacht," Mike told him, giggling slightly which made Harvey want to kill himself. Of course they would be out in a large expanse of water in the middle of nowhere, with Mike being unable to swim due to an injury and with a concussion to boot. He pulled on the kid, willing him to at least do something in order to save his own life. Thankfully, Mike started to kick his legs and half heartedly try and throw his right arm around in a weak attempt to paddle. Harvey kept a hold of that arm though - if he didn't keep a solid grip on Mike, he wouldn't be surprised if the kid just sank.