30 - Menage a Trois

Start from the beginning

I nuzzle my face into his neck and inhale his scent.

My god he smells fine.

*****

As summer nears, I feel bluer and bluer.

Two whole months of not being able to kiss Harry. It is like an ache in my chest, and I don't want to face it.

I have no idea if Draco will continue our deal in sixth year. He seems happy enough to let Harry have his body every other evening. For two glorious hours, Harry and I get to sit in that empty classroom and just hold one another.

We never take things beyond kissing. I just can't. In my mind Harry is still fourteen and it just feels wrong. And I realise, that even if Draco does agree to continue our little arrangement, then, soon enough, it might seem too weird to even kiss him.

I realise something else, too. I realise I am starting to respect Draco a lot more. My feelings of hatred towards him seem to have dissipated over time. He irks me less and I even find myself exchanging the odd smile with him in the corridors and classrooms.

I always stay to thank him every evening after he lends Harry his body. And I even bought him a chapstick once and tied it up in a little green bow.

"So you don't complain anymore." I say, presenting it to him with a coy smile.

He takes it in good humour, and even looks touched. "On the contrary," he murmurs, returning the smile, "you don't hear me complaining. But thank you. I'll make sure to use it to keep my lips soft for you."

I have to quickly look away so he doesn't see my blush. But the soft chuckle emanating from his lips tells me he hasn't missed a beat.

When there's talk of an end of year celebration party for all fifth years, Harry suggests that maybe we take advantage of Draco's good mood and ask if he can borrow Draco's body for at least part of the night.

But to my surprise, when I put forward this request one evening to Draco, I am met with a resounding no.

"But... why?" I ask, feeling wrong footed. "I thought you were okay with all of this?"

"For one, that will mean you two going public, which will mean people will think you and I are together," Draco says, folding his arms across his chest, "and two, I don't think my date will like that very much."

I blink, not sure I had heard him correctly.

"Your... your date?" I say, my voice sounding unnaturally high.

He looks at me for a moment, his eyes burning into mine before he speaks. "Yes... my date. It's not just you and the dead boy getting all the action."

My mouth suddenly feels dry, and I don't like the tight sensation I am experiencing in my chest.

"Who is it?" I try to say casually, but again my voice sounds like it belongs to someone else.

"Why do you need to know?" He asks, cocking an eyebrow. "You almost sound jealous there."

I can't explain it, but I do. The idea of another girl being all over him makes me feel sick, because Harry or not, those are the lips that I kiss, those are the arms that hold me.