"Ha! Cheated? I don't cheat per se, Baji-kun. It's just that I'm really good." She paused, tilting her head to the side. "And you just really suck."

"ARGGGHHH!"

"Calm down Baji-san!" Chifuyu held him back from jumping onto the gloating girl. "How about we play that game now?" He pointed to a race car driving game.

"Alright! I'll definitely beat you at that!" Baji yelled out, dragging both Chifuyu and Machiko with him to play.

She let out a laugh. "Mastuno-kun will you be playing with us this round?"

"Yeah. You can call me Chifuyu, Machiko-san," the blond replied, bashfully scratching the back of his head. "I'm younger than you after all."

"Alright then, Chifuyu-kun." She smiled. "You can just call me Machiko. Same thing goes for you, Baji-kun."

"Then you can just call me Keisuke!"

"Seems fair." Machiko pulled out a token, rolling the coin around her fingers. "Well then let's play Keisuke-kun. Lady Luck."

By the time they left the arcade, the sun was setting and Baji was defeated in every game he went against Machiko in. She carried a giant teddy bear in her arms while Baji and Chifuyu were stuck with small prizes.

"Man! I can't believe you beat us at everything!" Baji whined, looking at the girl holding the teddy bear to her chest.

"My motto is, "Luck is always by my side" so I can't really blame you for losing," Machiko gloated, sticking her tongue out at him.

Chifuyu laughed. "You should have seen those guys' faces when you kept getting the jackpot, Machiko! They were so shocked!"

"I swear she was cheating!" Baji pointed a finger at the innocently whistling girl.

"I said I don't cheat. Sigma would be disappointed in me for cheating." 'Technically it's not cheating because the rules never apply to using abilities. Even the Sky Casino doesn't have any rules about ability use, so it's technically not cheating.'

"Bullshit!"

"By the way... I had a question for you two." Chifuyu and Baji looked at her. "That's your gang uniform, right?"

"Yep!" Baji proudly smiled, his canines showing as he pointed a thumb to himself. "The Toman uniform is cool, isn't it?"

"It is." That made him beam even more, his ego rising.

"Are you also part of a gang, Machiko?" Chifuyu asked, curious. "Baji-san mentioned earlier that you could fight from stories that you told him."

"Yeah I can fight due to my job, but I'm not a part of a gang. Boss would lecture me for hours on end if I joined one," she answered, using one of hands to reach into her packets to pull out her ID.

"Boss?" The blond questioned, peering over her shoulder as she took out her wallet and grabbed her ID.

"Here." He took it without hesitation.

"Machiko... Dazai Machiko... Eighteen years old... Member of the Armed Detective Agency... You're a detective?!" Chifuyu gawked. 'But she's only eighteen. Is she a prodigy detective?'

"Detective that works for the government." She squeezed the giant teddy bear closer to her. "It's a good paying job for all the problems it brings."

"Wait, Dazai?" Baji confusedly looked at her. "Is that your family name?"

The brunette shrugged her shoulders, taking back her ID and stuffing it into her wallet before putting it back in her pocket. "A friend who happened to be a distant relative of mine found out that we were related a few years ago and became my legal guardian, so I took on his last name. I just don't use it since he pisses a lot of people off which makes him a lot of enemies." She sighed, remembering how troublesome Dazai Osamu really was. "Just continue to call me Machiko, I'm not used to being called Dazai."

"If you say so." The two complied, continuing to walk by her side, ignoring the looks from some of the people passing by who were staring at them. They guessed it was either because of the giant teddy bear or how they were dressed.

The three continued to chat the entire walk back to the apartment building. Chifuyu took the elevator to the fifth floor while Baji and Machiko got off on the second floor. Before the two could go into their own rooms, the ravenette stopped her.

"Hey Machiko." She looked over at Baji who was grinning. "Tomorrow if you're free, how would you like to meet the rest of the gang?"

[Dazai Machiko]

Ability : Lady Luck

A/N : wattpad was being trippy and wouldn't let me log in for a few days on my computer, idk why. Anyways I'm busy with school and sports so updates will be random.

I kinda changed what floors Chifuyu and Baji were on (i swapped em) so Baji and Machiko could be neighbors

Also next chap we gonna finally get into the plot.