Chapter 1/10-The Beginning

(I don't think I am going to ever finished the Man of Mystery because writing stories needs you to be inspired or in my case have actual ideas. Make what you will out of it but maybe I can pressure my self to do so some time.)

I woke up in my bed, everything looked normal and yet the atmosphere felt strange. I couldn't point my finger at it but I somehow knew this wasn't my bedroom. I froze when I heard a shout of a woman closely resembling my mother's voice she would come into the house to tidy it up because I worked the nightshifts.
I checked my phone the time was 19:00 basically morning for me. I went down the stairs my mother or what I assumed to be my mother was making me a cup of tea with her special pancakes. My instincts told me to not eat any of it under any circumstance and that was weird because my instincts were correct about 80% of the time and yet they almost never happened. That concerned me so badly that I couldn't speak properly. My "mother" asked me how was the last night shift and I replied that:<<It was pretty normal,it is weird to see our town empty at night though>>.
She answered by asking:<<Want to take this at work or will you save it for later?>>
I replied that:<<I would like to save it for later,because at the moment I've got no appetite>>
<<Understood>>she replied.
<<Well goodbye I should be going by now.>>I told her as I was closing the door hoping that she wouldn't extend her chit chat with me.
<<Alright remember to take breaks,your health is much too important to me>>"Mom" replied.

-A few minutes later-

<<Finally alone without anyone around,I can finally calm my self down and process everything that ii going on>>I told my self.
Thoughts:
This is mostly speculation by me and the hints given. But I know I am not in my town nor in my universe. Every little thing seems too odd to just be a dream.
My mother would never be at my home at this time of day and especially not making me breakfast. HUH..? What is this book....
What is this book and why was it on the floor. What kind of title is "The sponges".
Contents of the book:
"When two sponges collide with each other on rare occasions things start to alter in many ways that cannot be defined unless while looking for the difference.in the full picture."

<<What could this imply...think Ross..think dammit.>> I yelled at my self while try to concentrate.

<<Hello>>sounded from somewhere.
<<Huh..? Who's the-there?>>I replied to the terrifying voice. Whilst mine was trembling.

Thoughts:
Gah!I cannot even speak due to the anxiety caused by this situation.

<<Oh..? Come on man do you not remember your old pal,Jack?>> The same voice said while it echoed across the street>>

Then I saw something running I started running as well maybe the fastest speed I had probably ever reached. Ending up in an facility I was meant to protecting for the night shift was ironic and that's where I ended up due to it being close to my location and I had the keys.

I took out my keys skillfully and opened the gate then it was time for me to open the door of the facility.
Thoughts:
My only motivation to live is to see another day and maybe even see my friends once more. I don't think I will be able to make it but having to give my best is a challenge I must take to guarantee that future.

I was about to put the key in the keyhole,the key dropped and I was searching as if it was do or die.

I opened the door at the last minute,shut it instantly behind me.The facility looked odd not dark but with light filling the whole room. That was odd because they would never let the light be left on.

Thoughts:I wonder what this insane trip take me on...was that movement....? None is meant to be here but me...