Distraughtly Dragged By Debilitating Nightmares

Through her translucent windows with some golden purple drapes hanging on the sides, Meadow's eyes were blinded by the glistering rays of good 'ol Mr. Sun. She scanned the room- due to her childish dreaming, of course- and found her eyes falling in her pink, old-fashioned alarm clock as it struck 8:35 a.m.

While sitting on her cozy bed, Auburn's high-pitched voice can be heard from downstairs.

" Meadow, you're 5 minutes late for breakfast!" she yelled.

Without hesitation, Meadow slipped on her shoes and went running down the breakfast table.

" Sorry, I was just-"

" Oh, no worries," Emilia interrupted.

" Sit here," Auburn stated as she gestured Meadow to sit beside her.

Meadow got drawn by the aromas of honey roasted chicken, fresh prawns with lemon sauce and smoking hot, grilled wieners.

" Come on Meadow, enough with the daydreaming," said Auburn as she managed to pick up some wieners with a tong.

Meadow cleared her throat and smiled.

They feasted together as a family would do but as the night struck, Meadow has completely lost her mind.

It was one of the worst night she had.

..........

The pale yellow moon was smaller than it was in some nights, the stars were not twinkling so brightly and the night was darker than she thought.

As she was sleeping, her pale white skin turned out into a tinge of burning red, her natural temperature somewhat extended higher causing her to sweat that much. She couldn't sleep still and her feet were shaking.

Nightmares.

Her face terrified, her fists clumped, her burdensome breathing, and worse, her head kept moving as though she was possessed or being penetrated by a spiritual demon.

Moments after, her eyes appallingly opened, her fists unclasped and her skin went back to its original state. The electrifying energy left her body and she was hyperventilating, her feet rested slowly and a tear of emotion was shed.

She let go of a breath and Auburn went knocking on her door.

" Meadow are you alright?" she asked.

Her eyes have seen reality again.

She opened the door.

" Auburn, oh my!"

" What happened to you?"

"Nightmares, it was horrible," said Meadow.

" Tell me about it. It must be really terrifying I mean, look at you. You seem like you've gone through a tough obstacle."

Both of them settled in Meadow's crumpled bed.

" Lucious, mom's killer, hunted me. I- I dunno how b- bu- but..." she stuttered.

" Breathe," said Auburn.

" I was sitting in a corner of a... Some sort of place I- I'm not exactly sure what but- there was a huge fountain in there and it- uh- beside it, Lucious was standing with a gun, a long gun. It looked more like a sniper or whatever but...."

She gulped, a mixture of jitteriness and a bit of hysteria shot her chest. But the greatest thing that wrapped around her was trauma.

"...... The night was mere dark and it was a grass field! A grass field, yeah! I was doing my best to shut my mouth. I covered it with my hand and I was barely breathing. But he saw me...." She gave a scared look at Auburn who got pretty nervous.

"When he saw me," she continued. " He kinda raised his brows and armed his gun. Then, he shot me," Sweats of relief that it was only a dream and fright flooded her face. Pinches of tears went along with it, both running down her cheeks and her neck.

" Shh, shh it's alright," Auburn managed to comfort her but she didn't quite show how worried and scared she was too. Her heart pinched by Meadow's nightmare and her eyes twinkled in fear.

"Now go to sleep," Auburn helped her to lie down on her bed. As soon as she did, she covered her body with Meadow's navy blanket.

Just 10 minutes ago Meadow felt hotness, now, she was shivering and her lips, tightly pursed together due to her jerky movements.

The moment Auburn left the room, Meadow looked up the sky to ease herself. Then she realized, she was hovered by a normal-sized moon, tons of flickering stars and a caliginous, midnight sky.

The tensed breeze of the air went gliding back to it's normal blow while Meadow mumbled something to herself.

"They're just nightmares, nothing cam harm you"

Before the dawn replaced the sky, her green eyes went shut, her head not invaded by nightmares, and she knew she'll have a goodnight sleep.