captain America: the winter soldier(3)

Start from the beginning

Y/n gave a thumbs up as he was actually texting his grandfather about the situation. He also wanted to make sure zed was ok. Nat quickly pulls down Steve's head and kisses him making Rumlow look away as he goes past them on the escalator.

Nat: "You still uncomfortable?"

Steve: "It's not exactly the word I would use"

.
.
.

The three were now inside a car that Steve had hotwired for them to use, y/n was sitting in the back seat looking out the window, spacing out.

Nat: "Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?"

Steve: "Nazi Germany. And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash"

Natasha takes her feet off the dash

Nat: "Alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?"

Steve: "What?"

Nat: "Was that your first kiss since 1945?"

Steve: "That bad, huh?"

Nat: "I didn't say that"

Steve: "Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying"

Nat: "No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had"

Steve: "You don't need practice"

Nat: "Everybody needs practice"

Steve: "It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead"

Nat: "Nobody special, though?"

Steve: "Believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find someone with shared life experience"

Nat: "Well, that's alright, you just make something up"

Steve: "What, like you?"

Nat: "I don't know. The truth is a matter of circumstances, it's not all things to all people all the time. And neither am I"

Steve: "That's a tough way to live"

Nat: "It's a good way not to die, though"

Steve: "You know, it's kind of hard to trust someone when you don't know who that someone really is"

Nat: "Yeah. Who do you want me to be?"

Steve: "How about a friend?"

Nat: "Well, there's a chance you might be in the wrong business, Rogers"

Y/n: "hey... Quick question... Are we there yet?"

.
.
.

the car pulls up to outside an abandoned military base. Supposedly where the signal has led them.

Steve: "This is it"

Nat: "The file came from these coordinates"