"But that's act of selfishness!"

"I don't care! I just love you so much!" Muling tumulo ang luha nito.

Umiling-iling si Vaughn at ginulo ang buhok. He let out a huge sigh and calm himself.

"You already have our name attached on yours, please accept the fact that you're my brother's wife. Be faithful to him, learn to love him. Forget me and move on." Nilapitan niya ito at hinalikan sa noo. Bagay na nagpaiyak ng husto sa babae. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I'm sorry that I fooled you. I'm sorry for making you look stupid. I'm sorry for making you cry. I'm sorry for being honest. I'm sorry, because of me you've changed. I'm sorry for loving me too much. Please... stop, I cannot love you back."

-----

"THAT, I'll think about it."

Alas dos na ng hapon nang naglakas loob si Illyza na kausapin si Vaughn. Mabuti nalang at nando'n ngayon sa lolo't lola ang anak kaya walang masyadong problema.

"What do you mean?" Tanong niya nang hindi maintindihan ang sinabi ng lalaki. "Please send us home. We cannot stay here long, and, I still have work tomorrow."

"Why don't we live together for Amarah?" Biglang sabi nito.

Napanganga si Illyza sa gulat. "What? No!"

"Just living together on the same roof but not the same room. Of course we must respect each other. We will just do that for the sake of Amarah."

Nanlalaking matang tinignan niya ang lalaki. "That's rediculous Vaughn! We may grew in different culture but having a child to somebody is considered normal these days. It's fine if we don't live together as long as you support Amarah, that is no problem with me."

He pinched the bridge of his nose at muli siya nitong tinignan. "We have to respect each other and set boundaries. We will not meddle in each others business and affairs. We're just living together because of Amarah. I want her to feel that she's at home, that she has both parents on her side. Let her feel that she's surrounded by people who loves her dearly."

"She will be used of seeing you, I think that's no good. What if you meet someone and decided to marry her? What will happen to Amarah?"

His hands were on his waist, he tilted his head and sighed. "The only person that I want to marry is the mother of my child. Yeah, I'm willing to sacrifice myself for the betterment of my daughter's future."

Napalunok si Illyza sa sinabi nito. Woah! That was quite a blow. Sobrang prangka nitong magsalita.

"Even without love?"

"Even without love." Ulit ni Vaughn.

"I can't do that!"

"But can we stay together because of responsibility?"

Responsibility without love? I think I cannot do that.

"Can't you do that for Amarah? Would you rather be selfish?"

Kumurap-kurap siya at lumingon sa ibang direksyon, her eyes landed on the big frame inside his room. Inaamin niya, sobrang gwapo nito, maganda ang pangangatawan at mayaman. Kung 'yon lang ang titignan masasabi mong sobrang swerte mo na nakatagpo ng ganitong lalaki at ama pa ng anak mo. Vaughn is a good man, nakikita niya. He's trying to compensate everything for her and Amarah. Kaya natatakot siyang mapalapit rito dahil baka mahulog ang loob niya rito. Hindi ito mahirap mahalin, and that's a threat to her heart.