"You know, if you weren't a relative people would think you're really rude." Jess was reading over her shoulder as Luke made the comment and averted his eyes, Evie glancing up only for a moment.

"If I don't read, I feel like some little peasant girl dancing for her lords." Evie muttered. "Or Emily will feel obliged to converse with me again."

"I could see you being a peasant."

"I could see you getting yourself executed."

"God I wish." Jess muttered, shaking his head as Luke shot a glare over at him following the particularly loud comment, Evie laughing before turning her attention back to her book.

Only for her reading to be interrupted again - not by flute or whatever woodwind instrument was playing - but by Lorelai and Sookie, as they came to stand in front of the entire group.

"Hey everybody, would you gather round?" Lorelai managed to be heard over the music and gained everyone's attention as they turned towards her. "Everyone, everyone." She repeated, and the last few dregs of conversation died out.

"First of all, I want to welcome you to the first annual - and probably-never-to-be-held-again-because-Sookie's-on-the-verge-of-a-mental-breakdown - Bracebridge dinner!" Lorelai began, a small chuckle running through the crowd.

"I'm fine, everything's fine!" Sookie insisted, her voice as bright as ever. Evie, who had been scrambling around to find her bookmark - which was really just a bus ticket - felt a tap on her shoulder, and saw Jess holding it up.

Silently, she took it and slipped it into her page.

"I also want to thank Mother Nature for snowing in the trailing paper company in Chicago so I could throw this great party for all my friends instead." Lorelai continued. "It's a very special night. And so, since I don't get to eat unbelievably strange food with my friends every day, I've arranged a little surprise."

That had gotten Evie's attention, and she looked up.

"Outside, as we speak, is a line of horse-drawn sleighs, and everybody gets a ride." Okay, maybe the girl wasn't so interested anymore - she didn't have any intention of leaving the building, no matter whether Lorelai said there were horse-drawn sleighs or not. There was scattered applause though, so she was the only one.

"So line up in order, there's two per sleigh, and no cutting in front of each other." Lorelai said. "That goes for everyone except me, 'cause I'll be damned if I'm gonna miss a ride in a horse-drawn sleigh!"

More clapping followed, and Arden attempted to end her conversation. "You gonna go?" Luke asked.

"I think I'll wait for the clog dancing." Jess replied, and Evie shook her head, pushing herself up from the sofa and placing her book down.

"Look more excited. Cheer up." She suggested, tone more forceful than she anticipated and she calmed it, her gaze over at Arden, who had been joined by Dean and Rory, Clara turning her attention to her brother as she begged to go on the horses. Evie turned towards the men again. "Luke - go. You should go. Come on."

Luke stared at her for a moment, before realising she wasn't going to take no for an answer and let her usher him towards the door.