Chapter 23

Fuck. I sat up. It was almost 3pm. I'd slept most of the day but I guessed I needed it.
I went into the bathroom and pulled my hair up. I looked a mess to be honest, but I didn't care, I was a band whore.
I groaned, a band whore.
And where was Matt? He said he wasn't going to be long but it had been hours.
I stopped. God, now I sounded like a whinging girlfriend. I needed to stop.
I walked down the hall and into the living room, groaning out loud.
"You're up." Matt said, his head popping up. "You were sound asleep."
"Yeah I was tired."
"How are you feeling?" He asked sitting up. "You look flushed Mikayla, do you feel okay?"
I was pretty sure I looked flushed because he was sitting there with no damn shirt on.
"I'm okay."
He got up amd walked over to me. "You probably should have something to eat."
Oh god, his body.
"Probably."
"I brought some stuff while I was out, come, I'll make you something." He took my hand, pulling me into the kitchen. "Sit." He ordered.
I sat and watched him make me a salad, he pushed it over to me, got me a drink and handed me my meds.
"Thanks mom."
He smiled. "I need you to get better. I don't like it when you're sick."
"Why, is the sex shit?" I blurted.
He looked at me strangely. "No, I just worry about you." He snapped, walking out.
Nice one Mikayla, I thought looking down at my salad. What a dumb thing to say.
Dumb but probably true.
I heard him in the living room, banging around.
"You know, that's not all I think about." He grumbled.
"I didn't mean it like that." I replied.
But I did. I did mean it like that.
"That hurt my feelings." He said, walking back in.
"I'm sorry Matt, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."
He looked at me and shook his head. "You've been doing alot of that lately." He muttered walking out again.
"Excuse me?" I called after him.
"Nothing, okay." He said. "I'm watching a movie so shut up."
I put my fork down.
What exactly did he mean I'd been doing alot of that. Alot of what.
Arghhh I was so confused about everything.
Well except Matt. I wasn't confused about him.
Damn.