"I waited for the woman to wake up, check up on her. After few hours she came around to it. "

"She made it in the surgery?" I asked.

"Yep." Mom answered and then took the paper stack pulling out the previous paper I found with the handwriting I couldn't recognize.

"It all started with this."

Trine's p.o.v

"What's that?" I asked my patient.

She was tightly holding onto it like it was her hope even after her husband had passed away.

It was a small paper we pulled out of his pocket. Even he had held it clenched before he passed away on his way here. It must have been very important.

There was a smile on her face. "It's something we wrote together after I found out I was pregnant with our daughter."

I chuckled. "The cute blondie. She's famous downstairs in the children's unit." I smiled sitting down next to my patient. "The whole staff is calling her sleeping beauty."

She smiled proudly. "She's pretty right?"

"Very." I smiled.

She passed me the paper she had clutched. "The list is something we both wanted to do for our daughter as she grew up. Read it."

I straightened the paper and started reading the numbered things.

1. sing her lullabies every night until she is old enough for stories.

I smiled. "You started reading her stories yet?"

She nodded. "She loves hearing them. Especially if you pretend you're the characters. A bunny, a bear..a dragon a princess. She loves it."

I kept reading.

2. Take her to the zoo to see the giraffes

3. go on an overseas holiday when she's a bit older

4. teach her to ride a bike

5. send her off to her first day in school and hide around the school to make sure she does okay

6. Get her a pet she can take care of by herself

7. teach her about boys

8. teach her is bad to drink alcohol until she's 18

9. send her off to university

10. watch her getting married to someone who loves her as much as we do

"That's a pretty awesome list you have there." I passed it back to her. "I hope you get to do all those things with her."

"I'll make sure I do all of these." She pushed her tears back, but one escaped her eyes and fell over her cheek. "Even if he's not here with us anymore I have to do these with her." She clenched her hand. "I have to."

I took her shoulder and smiled at her. "Then you have to rest and become very healthy and live a long life."

She nodded and closed her eyes trying to block off the other tears.

I left the room to give her some privacy.

What I did not expect was that to be the last time I talk to her.