"Hey, mate. Free tonight?"

I groaned and rolled my eyes. The thing about Niall is he gets what he wants which means now I'll have to go out with him. 

"Time and where?"

"9:30, Summertime pub. Trying to get me some girls ;)"

Typical Niall. 

I didn't want to go honestly, but I've been worked up and a little fun wouldn't hurt anyone. Plus, Niall is always doing stupid things and as a good friend, I wouldn't let him.

"Whatever, I'll be there." 

Niall replied with a smirk and a heart-eye emoji. I let out a huff and made my way to the closet to pick out something more suitable.

I picked out a white loose shirt and paired a black Gucci blazer with matching black jeans. 

I hoped in the shower and exited in a few minutes. It was already about nine and I didn't want to listen to Niall's long lecture for being a few minutes late. He is a very fussy Irish man who just can't keep it in his pants.

I used my firm hand to sweep a bunch of long hair off my forehead and styled it with hair oil.

Putting on my boots, I grab the keys and locked the house door in a hurry. 

I got into my Bently and put the gear into the ignition. I checked the rearview mirror and saw my mortifying complexion. I had slight eye bags under my eyes which never happens. There were a pair of ray bans that I decided were best to put on.

I sighed and reversed into the housing lane and drove off.

Within ten to fifteen minutes I was already there. I spotted Niall's car and parked right next to it. Because I was a regular, the bouncer recognized me and let me in. I noticed a few of probably underage girls rolling their eyes as they still had to wait in line. 

I smirked at them, tilting my glasses, and made my way in. 

It didn't take too long as I spotted Niall almost immediately. The music was blaring loudly and the torturous led lights kept hitting me in the eye. I squinted and pushed off a few girls who came up to me, offering for a dance. I was frustrated and annoyed.

I made my way to Niall who pulled me into a hug. 

"HEY MATE!" He screamed in my ear. I flinched away realizing that he had already drunk so much. Niall is a very obvious lightweight. I nodded my head to Niall in reply and sat down on the barstools ordering myself two shots of rum. 

The bartender came back with two glasses and I looked carefully inside checking if there was anything added as I circled the drink in my hands. Satisfied, I brought the glass to my lips and drank it at once. 

I felt the sweet burn as the alcohol made its way down my throat, taking away all my worries. At once I felt as if I had nothing to worry about and I was a carefree twenty-three-year-old who has gotten everything figured out. Which in reality, is false.

Niall sat back down next to me and we had a tiny bit of conversation. He was going on and on about how his mother wanted him to be a doctor when he wants to pursue a singing career path. As I said, I can't relate. I don't have parents.

I nod in understanding and acted like I knew what he was saying.

An hour later, a blonde chick latched onto Niall's arm. He smirked at her and placed the girl on his lap and began making out. 

I took this as my queue to leave as I took my drink and got up from feeling disgusted. 

The pub was a two-storied building. It was also open to the rooftop which was often not occupied by anyone. There isn't music or drinks up there. Just empty.

I needed to clear my head. I pushed past sweaty people and climbed the two flights of stairs to the rooftop.

It was also an open rooftop which allowed the breeze to brush through. I leaned my body against the edge and faced the city. 

The view as usual was painted by the New York city lights. The streets were busy and time square was visible from up here.

I dangled my arms over the railing and leaned my body. 

Disturbing me from my thoughts, I got a phone call. It was an unknown number. My eyebrows creased and I swiped up on the phone, accepting the call.

"Hello?"

"Hey, son." 

My eyes widened as I recognized the voice very clearly.

You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you?

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hope you enjoyed!!

make sure to vote for this book :)

reminder : drink your h20.

ignore spelling errors if there are any.

ily all