Chapter 5

(Y/n) POV)

(7 years in the past)

Verona: "There you go! You did it (Y/n)!" I stared at the fire the coating my arms. "Soon you'll be even stronger than I am." I smiled as I deactivated my flames.

(Present)

I wasn't able to train much with sis and Fushiguro, but I did show up each time. I did light training to get my body back into it, and so I wouldn't damage my still healing body. The second years were pretty cool. Inumaki-senpai was probably the hardest one to get used to though. I learned his dialect relatively quickly and would occasionally mess with him by using his own speech against him. I sat on the steps as I quietly sipped on a juice box. I watched as Fushiguro and sis fought against Panda hand to hand.

"Why is it that my favorite fighting style is being taught and I can't even participate." I muttered to myself angrily as I looked up at the clouds. I felt a stick poke against my chest and looked down from the clouds. Maki pressed a staff into my chest with a smirk.

Maki: "If you're so bored, then how about a spar?" I gently push the staff to the side before standing. I also noticed that the training had switched into Panda throwing Nobara like a ragdoll.

"Sure, why not." I saw the look of pity in Fushiguro's eyes. We walked a short distance away from the others before Maki instantly attacked with her staff. I ducked and formed my flaming brass knuckles before backing off a bit. I stand ready now that I'm fully prepared. "Interesting." I mutter as I analyzed her stance. "You definitely know what you're doing." I saw her foot pivot before I stuck my arm out and caught the easily to block swing. 'She's just testing the waters first.' I pulled the staff towards me, but instantly see her hands releasing their grip. I throw the staff directly at Fushiguro. I close the gap between Maki and I and also throw a predictable punch. Maki uses her arm to block the strike before throwing a hook directly towards my ribs. I take the hit before grabbing her wrist that she used to block my punch and swiped her legs out from under her. She fell to the floor, but was able to use her legs to flip me over and put me into an armbar. I then used my own legs to give myself momentum to bring myself to my feet before pulling Maki off of the ground.

Maki: "You're quite strong, aren't you?" I just smirked as I swung my arm and sent her flying into a tree. I then pulled out a white flag and waved it as she was next to me again quickly ready to strike. "Huh?"

"If I continue the stitching will rip." I sigh as I take out a juice box. "Man~, that was a fun fight too... I hate being injured." I sip from the straw as I begin walking away. "Hey, Maki... once I'm healed we should spar again." I looked over to her and smiled.

Maki: "Next time you won't take my weapon from me."

"Next time you won't let me take your weapon from you." I heard her chuckled as I began walking back to the dorms. "I'm gonna go change my bandages. I'll be back... maybe... probably not... definitely not... I'm going to sleep as soon as I'm done." As I left the training grounds I felt the presence of Maki a little behind me. "Okay I know I'm good looking, but you don't have to follow me."

Maki: "Don't flatter yourself. Nobara asked me to help you."

"Oh, that's nice of her." We both walked next to each other in a peaceful silence. Once we reached my room I took of both the jacket and tank top I was wearing before cutting the bandages off with a knife. "I always hate this part." Maki just watched as I grabbed an alcohol wipe and began cleaning my stitched wound. I tried not to make to much noise even though I wanted to just say fuck it and leave it as it is.

Maki: "Well look at mister tough guy." I heard her teasing voice from my left and threw a toothbrush at her. She caught it easily as I threw away the wipe.