Chapter 4: Frostbound Menace

Start from the beginning

Within moments of taking steps into the Frozen Forest, (Y/N) and Aerick were instantly assailed by a fierce blizzard.

Just a few steps in, both of them had their Movement Speed and Attack Speed reduced.

"What a fierce blizzard..." (Y/N) couldn't help but gasp out in awe, not having expected the sudden change in atmosphere. It was so fierce that their stats had been directly affected. Luckily, even though the atmospheric blizzard had lowered his Movement Speed by 25% and Attack Speed by 30%, it hadn't touched his Agility Attribute directly, hence he still had access to [Fast And Nimble], allowing him to exert just enough control of his body to push through the blizzard. 

Aerick tanked it effortlessly, although his Movement Speed had fallen by 10% and Attack Speed by 15%. However, to a Level 20 NPC, this amount was almost negligible. 

Soon after, the two met with their first enemies, a pack of Level 15 Frost Wolves.

[Frost Wolf] (Common Rank)

Level 15

HP: 10,250/10,250

"Your time to shine, Aerick!" (Y/N) couldn't help the smile on his face as Aerick nodded, stepping forward as the Frost Wolves sprinted through the snow towards them.

Within a single moment, the Wolves had arrived before Aerick, though he merely glanced over them once, his sword turning into a blur as a storm of blades assailed the pack of Frost Wolves, a few sent flying over 5 yards.

Following this, Aerick seemed to activate a Skill as he burst forward, creating a gale of snow to follow his blade as he slashed at a Frost Wolf with his full might.

Frozen Skyfall!

-7,400

"...Holy-"

Without delay, Aerick raised his blade as snow gathered around its edge, before he plunged the bright silver blade into the ground, an explosive gale of snow instantly devouring the group of Frost Wolves around him.

Trilight Snowvane!

-3,510

Within a single exchange, one Frost Wolf had already died, and the others had all lost over a third of their HP's. The difference in strength was obvious at a glance.

However, Aerick did not relent, and within moments, the final Frost Wolf gave out a pitiful howl before it died, leaving Aerick as the sole victory of the battlefield.

"...shit."

"..." (Y/N) stared on, dumbfounded at the results as Aerick returning to his side.

"Let's move forward." Aerick nodded as he began to walk, (Y/N) nodding dumbly as he followed after him. Through their journey to the central zone, they had met with a total of seven Frost Wolf packs, though they'd all gotten annihilated by Aerick single-handedly. (Y/N) could never even make a move, making him remarkably bitter. That was free EXP just slipping through his fingers! Moreover, the stingy Frost Wolves hadn't even dropped anything...

However bitter he was, regardless, he couldn't deny that Aerick certainly made things far easier, as despite being suppressed, he flawlessly dealt with any monsters that came across their paths. In fact, it wouldn't be wrong to call Aerick the monster. His performance sure made it seem quite fitting.

Not even 30 minutes later, the two had pierced through the Outer Area of the Frozen Forest and reached the Inner Area, a bit closer to their current destination, the Frostshard Cave.

Only after traveling through the dense snow for some time did they encounter another group of monsters, though these were quite a lot stronger.

[Froststar Golem] (Common Rank)