Not So Happy Campers Part 1

'Gosh, I'm nervous..'

I gripped the railing of the boat, fear settling in the deep pit of my stomach. When I sent in that audition tape, I didn't even think I'd be asked to join the cast. I glaced at an island. A trashed island, definitely not like the one from the application forms.

As the boat neared the dock, I could hear the host of the show speak.

"Last but not least, we have Mari. Our 'Pastel Goth'. You got some competition, Gwen." He said, making a goth girl roll her eyes.

I guess there was nothing better to call me, huh? I gave a small smile and waved at the rest of the group. I headed near the end of the dock, standing next to a brunette girl. She waved at me, giving me a smile.

"Hey! I'm Courtney." She extended her hand, and I took it in mine.

"I'm Mari." I smiled back.

Chris climbed up on a boat with a camera in his hands. "Alright. First things first. We need a group photo for the promos. Everyone at the end of the dock!"

We were all huddled into a little circle type group, me finding myself sitting between the brunette and a blonde girl.

"Okay, campers! One, two, three!" Giving my best smile, Chris snapped the photo with a quick click.

"Oops. Forgot the lens cap." Sighing, I smiled once more, a little less enthusiastically this time. With another click, the host smiled.

"Oh wait. Cards full."

"C'mon man. My face is startin' to freeze." A girl behind me spoke.

Ignoring her comment, Chris then continued. "Okay. Everyone say 'Wawanakwa!'"

"Wawanakwa - ah!" Before anyone had a chance to react, we were submerged into the murky water. I felt a hand grab my arm, hoisting me back up to the shore. I took in deep breaths of air and wrung out the water in my hair.

(Hehe. That rhymed-)

"You okay there, gorgeous?" Looking up, the first thing I was a green mohawk. I can tell he was a 'too cool bad boy delinquent'. Distancing myself, I rolled my eyes.

"I'm a big girl. I think I could drag myself out of the water." I saw him smirk.

"Whatever you say, babe." I grimaced, glancing over to Chris.

"Go dry off, and meet at the campfire pit in 10." With a smirk, he walked away.

"You think that's enough time to dry off? Why don't we chuck you in then?" I heard a small chuckle to my left. Glancing over, I noticed a surfer chick from earlier, smiling at me.

"I wish we could. That'd be so funny to see." I laughed, smiling back at the girl. She was blonde, which was held into a low ponytail, and she was holding a surfboard in her.

"If I get the chance, it'll be the first thing I do. I'm Mari." I introduced myself, extending my hand out towards the girl. She grasped my hand, shaking it.

"I'm Bridgette. It's nice to meet you, Mari." She beamed.

"It's nice to meet you too." I replied glancing around to the other wet campers.