𝟺 | (𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵) 𝘣𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵

Start from the beginning

"Wait no. Stop this." Haeyoon steps out of Soobin's arms, "Soobin. Don't hurt him." Soobin couldn't see Haeyoon's pleading eyes, his attention only given to the enraged Jaemin behind her.

"Soobin." Yebin interjects, "Stop. You're scaring Haeyoon and making a scene. You won't be able to get away with this, especially since you started this after all."

Jaemin smirks at the conflicted boy, "Come on." Jaemin points at Soobin and curls his pointer finger, beckoning him, "Let's do this, Jeong Soobin."

"Jaemin stop!" Knowing that talking to Soobin is now useless, Haeyoon changes to Jaemin, "Jaemin..."

The numerous phones pointing at them only made it harder for her to say any other words. Haeyoon couldn't think of anything else but to grab his bag from the floor and pull him away from the scene.

Jaemin lets himself be dragged by the smaller girl, his steps unbothered as the girl's steps were firm and fast as she wanted to get away from all the stares and attention

Reaching a more secluded place outside the school building, Haeyoon lets go of the boy's sleeve and walks away without another word.

"Oh so you're just going to walk away after dragging me here? Did you really just waste my time?" Haeyoon stops walking and faces the boy.

"I'm sorry for Soobin's behaviour back there. I'll go talk to him about it." Haeyoon bows to him, expressing her guilt over the situation.

"Yeah you should give your boyfriend a lesson." Jaemin scoffs and starts walking in the same direction as Haeyoon, back to the main school building.

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Oh sorry. I meant fiance."

Haeyoon crashes her eyebrows together, "Are you trying to pick a fight with me?"

"You think I have the time to pick a fight with you?" Jaemin rolls his eyes, "The world doesn't revolve around you, Choi Haeyoon." The way Jaemin spits her full name only makes Haeyoon feel small as she looks down.

"I didn't say anything like that." she mumbles under her breath, balling a fist of her jacket.

"Haeyoon." Yebin runs over to the girl, nodding at Jaemin to acknowledge his presence.

"Hey..." Haeyoon lets out softly. Jaemin ignored the two girls and kept on walking to his own class.

"You alright?" Yebin concernedly asks, her eyes scanning the frightened girl, "Why are you shaking so much? Did Jaemin say something to you? I swear I'll beat him up---"

"No no no! He didn't do anything. How is Soobin?" Haeyoon asks, trying to change the subject and forget her interaction with Jaemin.

"Donghyuck is dealing with him. Stop worrying about other people. You should look at yourself right now."

"I can't look at myself when I don't have a mirror in front of me." Haeyoon jokes, trying to calm her best friend down.

"Hahaha." Yebin rolls her eyes at her failed attempt, "No but seriously though. What were you thinking when you jumped into the fight? You never jump into fights."

"I--" Yes. What was the reason? Why did she jump in to back someone that she didn't even know?, "I-I don't know but what Soobin said was wrong."

"And so..." Yebin gives Haeyoon an uncertain smile, raising her eyebrows up due to her confusion with the girl's answer, "You decided to back up Na Jaemin of all people?"

"What Soobin said was too much, Ye. Having bad blood with someone has its own limits too." Haeyoon thought back to the face that Jaemin made when Soobin said those poisonous words; his teeth clenching, his neck veins popping as his jawline became more prominent, his eyes carried all the hate and destruction towards the other boy and his hands only turned paler as he clenches it as time went on, "I'm not going to do nothing and be a bystander to those kinds of words."

I have a few chapters already written and ready to publish and it's so hard to not publish it 😆😆

But I gotta persevere because it's to build up that expectations and tension you know? Hopefully it all works out well.

from_izzy