↳ chapter seven: 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵.

Start from the beginning

"Time will tell. I hope you know that you have a very busy day tomorrow, and Megumi will be placed into school tomorrow morning, so youʼre free for a few hours." You nod, your eyes drawn to the food on your plate, blankly. You felt as if the food you sort of desired was no longer what you wanted, but you continued to eat on, allowing it to fill you up, despite what it was that urged for you to halt on digesting so much in the moment, all so you could leave and cater to your mind for a slither of time. "Iʼll be there. Thank you for the food." You proceed to stand.

"One more thing. Never allow other people inside of the house," He says.

"If itʼs safer, I have no reason to oppose you. After all, itʼs for just Megumiʼs safety." He listens in on your serious yet taunting tone as you reply, but he feels as if your tone is reassuring, not caring enough to pain you in more ways than he had intended to.

"I know itʼs late, but I need you to sort something out in my office, a phone call I was supposed to make a few hours prior." You only nod, observing the way he leaned against the doorway now as you stood against the chair, glancing over at the scenery once more before trailing along behind him in deafening silence, only the brief sounds of your breathing skimming through the atmosphere.

Tojiʼs back muscles tense as he moves against the bitter ground, closing in on the office that was detectable within the unsettling dark. Toji only widens the gap of the door, allowing his frame to enter the spacing before you yourself let yourself in, closing the door behind you as you stood beside him as he sat in the vast leather chair, his legs manspreading partially as you moved in closer, your body placing itself behind him as the phone etched through the silence, almost as if it was preset like an alarm.

"Answer the phone, Miss L/n." You obey his gentle order, picking up the phone to listen in on the tone of the person behind the phone, his voice was similar to someone who you knew.

"Hello, Toji. I need you to confirm the following deal you were so eager to go through with earlier." You felt as if you recognised the tone, but couldnʼt place a finger on it as the tone was serious, stoic, cold as you listened in, your mind eager to obtain more information.

"He wants you to confirm a deal, one youʼve been wanting to go through. Do you want to do the deal or not, sir?" You mute the old-fashioned phone for a mere second, turning back to him, only to receive a nod from him and a few other words.

"Yes, and tell him to meet Lawrence for the item pick up, and payment," You remove your hand off of the sound system, speaking once more.

"Mr Fushiguro says for you to meet with Lawrence for the item pick up and the payment." The person behind the line only scoffs at your words.

"Youʼre, not Mr Fushiguro, Y/n. So what is it youʼre getting yourself involved in now? Danger is all thatʼs insight if you stay." You pieced it all together now, Satoru himself was all a part of this system ― mafia system you were starting to piece together, it was starting to explain his large fortune and the lavish lifestyle he owned.

"Satoru, as said before, Lawrence will meet with you for the item pick up." Before another word trickles down his lips, you end the telephone call, sighing partially before placing the telephone onto its rest.

Clever.

"So you donʼt break character, hm? I was expecting you to crumble beneath his voice; mildly impressive." Toji leans back into the chair, his eyes remaining on his large thighs as you let out no reaction, only explaining your reason.

"Cheaters deserve no mercy, nor respect. Professional is professional." He nods in approval at your words, his eyes lighting up with a deranged sense of satisfaction as he couldnʼt have himself practically having an assistant who couldnʼt separate personal matters or feelings from professional matters.

You pull your phone out of your pocket, glancing at the time longingly, your eyes not pulling away from the 3:45 am that was etched into the screen as you only stared groggily, glancing at Toji. "Have we finished here? If so, allow me to go to sleep." Toji looks at you with subtle disapproval, not feeling the need to protest for you to answer a few more of his phone calls, so you had a firmer grasp on how to handle certain phone calls on your own, without him having to advise for any slip up you could potentially make occur, and he disdained the thought as he had mere looks and certain aspects of his image he had to preserve.

"You may, Miss L/n. Sleep well, donʼt think of anything too sinister." Your jaw subtly clenched at his remark as he seems to attempt to weaken all the effort you had made to terms with the fact that your parents breathed in a place that held special memories, before taking their last breaths and saying their few words as if they were prayers towards the people that refused to reason with them, as they were forced to lower their head as if it was a sign of respect. But despite all that, the painful sight was something you had ptsd over, as the sight was so confusing, yet so eventful with no backbone to guide you through the confusion and dozens of emotions that were yet to entwine with your mind as you witnessed the pain-striking sight. A sight that ended up building your adult character, a character that was lost within the emotions that travelled within her mind.

"Goodnight, Toji. Sleep well." You turn to glance at him with a glumness, walking out of his office and engulfing yourself in the space outside of his office.

-

a/n: you really thought they were gonna fuck, lol.