↳ chapter seven: 𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵.

Start from the beginning

You could only nod your head as you slipped out of the kitchen, your soft eyes skimming upon each and every picture that adorned the walls as you turned on the manual lighting system for the bottom flooring of the house. The illuminating hues flooded back into the spots that were dimmed as the light poured through the spacing of the room. You scurried to the rather large supply room, grabbing the mop and filling up the bucket in a nearby tap as you added the other necessary things to the water, to cleanse the floor from the stickiness and the potential smell.

You did this for yourself as all motivation would be lost if so.

Steady was what you were as you darted out of the cleaning room, and settled yourself to journey for the kitchen as the bucket dragged along behind you as your feet beat against the bitter ground. Not a mere care in the world resting in your mind as you proceeded with not an ounce of caution, only a stern expression that hadnʼt dissolved from your unreadable face.

The kitchen seemed so far away, but the light was what lulled you towards it in a subconscious manner. You were guided by the light as you turned off the other ones, putting that one to view as you walked. "Y/n, you have three minutes. Hurry. We have business to do, or do you really want to cut into your shower time?" Toji speaks out as he glances upon the silver pan that rests in front of him as he formulated something that smelt divine, though you vow to not admit that to the man.

You didnʼt muster a mere word to him as you were too busy attempting to clean your mess on the floor, without having to worry about what he was going to say as you only really had two things to do, two things and then you could rest for the night, knowing, just knowing, Megumi was going to be in your sight the next morning, excited for the new adventures the both of you were to engage in. The floor was prompt and proper from how you had polished it, leaving not a mere stain behind as a slither of cool air darted from your lips as you had finished doing the task that you were bound to fulfil regardless.

"Iʼm done," Toji turns to face you, his eyes boring into your own as you remained suited on the ground, your eyes focusing on the scar that was endowed upon his lips ― instead of his abs that were carved into his chest. "Go shower. Iʼll be waiting, Miss L/n."

"Iʼm done, Toji," You smooth out your trousers as you meet your eyes with his.

"Then join me, Miss L/n. I have things I need to discuss with you." You nod your head swiftly, your eyes darting upon his own as he stood in front of you, not a mere expression glazed upon his face as he was direly serious. So serious, it was as if a mere glare of his could alter a prestigious renaissance painting that held a rare spot within your heart.

"Lead the way, Toji." Your eyes fall upon the plates he carried with ease, not a mere struggle insight as he trailed in front of you, his sculpted back so evident to you as you settle your gaze upon the marble floor, putting a metaphorical border between the two of you as you wanted things to be rather professional, versatile, not unusual, nor sexual. You wanted to make an honest living with nothing to barricade itself in front of your goal ― that was mainly why you chose to ask him what there was to offer, all because you were hoping heʼd reconsider, finding something unpleasurable between the two of you ― something that made him grow stoic and bitter towards you, something that would play on a subtle uneasiness around you.

Though you felt subtly guilty at your choice of wording towards him, you felt as if it was rather for the better; you could sense the amusement in his eyes as you questioned what was there for you to gain, what dinner face-to-face would offer you in the long run? What it was that was worth eating opposite another in the brink of night? In such an uneasy nocturnal bloom, what was it? What was this dinner to offer as the man was rather closed off? None of this was within the agreement, all of it was rather paperwork and managing a lot of his workload ― child too. But dinner or a service specifically formulated by him was not within the agreement, you were rather sceptical, everything comes with a cost, perhaps it was a sort of bribery or something of mass significant importance.