Chapter 2 "A NEW HOPE"

"Make it look good for the general!!" He told them in a raspy voice. One of the guards hit a red button as a giant spike machine came out of a hole in the roof. Edward didn't have long to scream before it stabbed him in the middle of his face. The spike then retracted and there wasn't much left of Edward's face. I was screaming on the inside but all I could do was just play along.

There I was, standing in the middle of the blocked-off part of the prison, staring at Edward's lifeless corpse that was still hanging from the roof. The Warden walked up to me and handed me a letter, it had orders from "The Emperor" to report to Knapford Stronghold immediately to ready the R.E.S. "Royal Elite Squad" for an attack on the Rebels. I read the words at the bottom of the letter that shook me to the core. "Sincerely, Emperor Topham Hatt".

We exited the blocked-off room and into the outdoors, where he lead me into some small engine sheds. I couldn't recognize any of the engines there, since they were all covered with blankets. The Warden lifted a blanket off of one and there was Percy. He had the same signs and logos that I had seen on Gordon, and he had a scar across his right cheek and had grown a goatee.

The Warden then told me that Percy would be the one to take me to Knapford Stronghold. He also said that Gordon was unavailable due to him going on a secret mission after he dropped me off at Killdane Prison.

I boarded Percy and the Warden saluted then said, "Long Live The Emperor". I saluted back to keep up my act, and with a few spins of Percy's wheels, we started down the line.

 While leaving Killdane Prison, somehow he sensed a small tear trickle down my cheek, he seemed to see through me as he said, "You're not the general, you have a heart, you feel pain"

He then told me the truth that he is secretly a Rebel spy, so I told him the tale of who I am and how I got there. We started talking about possibilities of ways out of this nightmare, I told him about the orders about the attack from the Empire. He told me the Rebel base was located at Norramby, so we decided to head there to warn them about the attack. As we travelled Percy told me the story of what had happened to Toby.

He used to transport goods for the Empire, most of the time he didn't know what he was carrying. He didn't like his job one little bit, so one day he uncoupled his train in the middle of the mainline, and started to head as far away as he could from the Empire.

He soon found and joined the Rebels betraying the Empire. Emperor Topham Hatt soon found out about Toby's betrayal and sent his entire armada to find him.

Eventually, they did find him and threw Toby off the rails. They knew he was made of wood, and chained him over a large fire pit and lit it with bottles of Molotov. He screamed for hours as his flesh slowly melted away. The Empire did this as an example to show what happened if you betrayed the Empire.

I kept on talking with Percy and he told me of an old prophecy that was written a couple of hundred years ago in ancient Sodor, (ONE DAY YEARS FROM NOW, A HERO WILL BE TRANSPORTED FROM ANOTHER PLACE. HE WILL BE THE BEACON OF LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS)

Could I be this hero they spoke of? This idea frightened me, I just wanted to find a way to go home. I wondered if Gordon from my universe was alright, I still don't know for sure if he was brought with me to this other world or not. We arrived at Norramby, it was a pretty nice town.