Chapter 24: New info

Start from the beginning

Nestarel looked at the bandage around Gimli's head. "Wounded?" she asked with concern.

"It's nothing. Only a mere scratch. I'm tougher than this." said Gimli and touched his head. "Although I really prefer you have a look at it later. you know, it stings a bit."

Nestarel chuckled at his grumpy face a bit.

"Now tell me, Umariel." said Gandalf and sat at the foot of the bed, his intense gaze fixed on Nestarel and his eyes alert. "What happened?"

Nestarel thought for a moment, trying to remember what happened before the darkness took over. Memories invaded her brain fast. Heleth, the exploding, the pain, Frodo. Frodo. Her eyes widened in fear and shock. "Frodo!" she whispered.

"Frodo?" asked Gandalf and stiffed. Everyone was alert now. "Tell me, Nestarel. What did you see?"

"I felt a searing pain in my chest and suddenly saw myself on top of a black dragon. I think I was seeing from the Witch king's eyes. Frodo was there, standing on top of a tower. He looked like to be in a sort of trance." she paused for a second. Her breathing picked up and Legolas gave her shoulder a light squeeze. She looked up and her frightened eyes fixed on Gandalf's. " He had the ring in his hand, He was about to put it one in front of the witch king."

The temperature of the room dropped a few degrees. "Gandalf!" called Aragorn panicked. "Do you think it was real?"

Gandalf stood up. Suddenly he looked many years older. He walked to the window and closed his eyes and seemed to be deep in thought. After a few agonizing minutes, Gimli yelled again impatiently. "Gandalf!"

Gandalf opened his eyes and sighed. He came and sat down on the bed again. "What Nestarel had seen was real with high probability." he said. "I think the dark spell has somehow connected her to the witch king. She had felt the moment of his true excitement, the moment he thought he had the ring finally. But I think this connection has worked in our favor this one time."

"What do you mean?" asked Legolas irritated. The thought of his wife being connected to the source of her nightmares was beyond his tolerance.

"The witch king has not expected it as well. He too had felt Nestarel and I think he had seen the valley of Helmsdeep in front of him. I don't think Frodo had put on the ring, I can't feel anything. Somehow in the moment of distraction, a miracle must have happened and saved all of us. Frodo must have escaped." he explained and Everyone sighed in relief. "Can you describe the place you saw more?" asked Gandalf from Nestarel.

"Gandalf, You are putting her under pressure. She should rest." said Legolas angrily. His whole body was tensed from newfound information. Nestarel put her hand on top of his and he looked at her. "It's fine, Legolas." she said softly.

"No, It's not." hissed Legolas. He pulled away and stood up. He was seething. "Nothing is right, Nesta. How can you be this calm?"

"Legolas Greenleaf!" Gandalf called his voice raised upon Legolas' and silencing him. Legolas turned his heated gaze to Gandalf. "Calm down yourself. You are not the only one who is suffering. I want her to rest as much as you want, but the information she can give us is important especially for her."

Legolas scoffed but didn't say a word. He clenched and unclenched his fists trying hard to keep his anger checked, knowing well that Gandalf was right. He went and stood beside the window and put his hands on the windowsill while leaning on them with his head dropped. 

Aragorn put a hand on his shoulder. Sympathy was evident in his eyes. he knew better than anyone what turmoil his friend was going through. Being worried for the one you love more than anyone could tear you apart painfully

"Nestarel!" called Gandalf softly and Nestarel took her worried eyes off of Legolas and looked at Gandalf. "Tell me what can you remember."

Nestarel closed her eyes and frowned in concentration. "It was a ruin of a city. All the buildings looked to be white and proud in the time of their glory. I think I could see a glimmer of light on the river as well." she said and opened her eyes. "I'm sorry, Gandalf but that is all I can say. It was a brief vision."

"Osgiliath!" gasped Aragorn excited and worried. "It must be the destroyed city of Osgiliath."

"So they have reached the Pelennor fields." said Gimli. "That is a good sign. Isn't it, Gandalf?"

"Frodo has covered a great distance. But good or bad, we can't be sure." said Gandalf. "What has taken him to Osgiliath? What is his next destination? Was he alone? These and so many other questions are the ones that we have no answers for." he sighed and stood up. "But for now master dwarf we are still alive and the darkness has not filled the skies. That I dare to see as a good omen, meaning that Frodo is still alive and the ring is still with him. So all of you go and have rest while you can. In the afternoon we will ride for Isengard. I have an unfinished business with Saruman." he whispered the last part mostly to himself. He then bade everyone goodbye and left the room. 

Gimli and Aragorn left as well, both patting on Legolas' back and whispering reassuring words to him.

Soom Nestarel and Legolas were alone. Legolas was staring out of the window and Nestarel was staring at him, begging with her eyes to him to say something, anything, even scolding her.

"Legolas!" she called after she couldn't take the suffocating silence anymore. "Say something, my love. Anything." she pleaded.

Legolas sighed and closed his eyes. His heart was tearing apart. Part of him was angry with Nestarel for not taking care of herself and the other part wanted desperately to go and kiss her senselessly. "You want me dead." he said after a moment.

Nestarel gasped shocked. "Lego.." she was about to talk but Legolas cut her off. He whipped toward her and his hard glare fixed on her. "No, Nesta. I won't believe you if you say otherwise. With everything you are doing, putting yourself in constant danger you will kill me soon."

Nestarel sighed defeated. There was no point yo argue with him. She knew he wouldn't live without her. The words of the witch king were repeating themselves in her ears. "Come and lay down with me." she said after a moment. She looked up and her soft gaze locked with him.

Legolas stared at her beautiful eyes for a moment but then exhaled tiredly. Who could stay mad at the beauty in front of him for more than a few seconds? Besides he was tired. He had not rest after the long battle at all, and the battle and the stress of seeing Nestarel almost dead afterwards was taking its toll on even a strong Elf like him. 

He obediently took off clothes and only left his slacks on. He then went and lied down next to Nestarel and pulled the cover on both of them. They were face to face. Legolas' arm wrap tightly around Nestarel's waist and pulled her flush against him. Nestarel blushed at the sight of his bare chest and earn and smirk from Legolas. "Nothing you have not seen before, love." he teased while pecking her lips but then he frowned. "I'm still angry with you. Don't forget."

Nestarel chuckled. "I know." she said. One of her hands were on his hard chest, drawing soothing patterns on the skin and the other was caressing his cheek while staring lovingly at his deep blue eyes that she had fallen in love with. Legolas was staring back at her eyes too, mesmerised by the beauty. His tensed muscles relaxed slowly under her soft touch and he felt his heart beating faster and faster each second. 

"I love you," she whispered after a moment and pecked his lips. She kept her lips there, almost brushing with his while she continued. "More than anything, more than life. Never think that I'm not thinking about you, for you are in all my thought all the time. You are my beating heart, the air I'm breathing, my life and I'm nothing without you.

Legolas couldn't take this torture anymore. In one swift motion, he had her pinned on the bed while he was hovering on top of her bracing himself with his elbows and smashed his lips on her in a bruising kiss which took Nestarel's breath away. She put her hands on his shoulders and pulled him closer to her, kissing him with the same passion.

"I love you too, Nestarel." panted Legolas after he pulled away for a moment so they can breathe. "So never think that I will let you go so easily." He said and then kissed her again with all of his heart, devouring her perfect lips which tasted like heavens.