A single tear rolled down her cheek as Bora finished her last sentence.

"Father, what do I do with her?" She asked, turning to the older.

"Well, there's nothing we can do other than to kill her," the emperor answered.

The sound of those words made Bora shudder slightly in horror. "K-kill...? But father, she's my friend! No matter how much hatred I have in my heart, I can't bring myself to kill her!"

"My dear princess, let me tell you a story of a cat and a mouse."

Bora didn't say anything else as she remained silent, ready to listen to her father's tale.

"There once lived a cat and a mouse. Both lived together peacefully as friends, the two unable to imagine life without the other. But one day, they were stranded on an island with nothing to eat. Out of hunger and desperation, the cat ended eating his mouse friend, not leaving a single flesh left."

Bora found the way the story was put rather foolish, but she understood what her father was trying to tell her.

"When one is put in such a situation, they forget the morals of the world if it means to survive. In this case, my daffodil, you are the mouse, and that friend of yours is the cat. If you don't take the right action, she will only end up eating you," the emperor said wisely.

Bora seemed reluctant, her mind unable to process the thought of killing her own sister.

"The heart doesn't lie, my beloved daughter," he continued as he pointed towards hers. "And so does yours."

With a gasp, Taehyun woke up from his slumber as he looked around the room, a reminder that he was back to the waking world

Something is definitely wrong here.

It was almost as if these dreams weren't just mere scenarios created by his mind. But rather a reality that was once true.

On the same night, in the same house, Beomgyu laid awake as he got up, his body clearly not about to fall asleep anytime soon

On the same night, in the same house, Beomgyu laid awake as he got up, his body clearly not about to fall asleep anytime soon. Switching his room light on, Beomgyu walked towards his desk as he tried to write down his thoughts.