My history (Part 11)

Start from the beginning

Kara looked at me and smirked.

Power girl: "Him."

My eyes practically bulged out of eye sockets as she said that on live television. Even the cameraman and reporter had the same expression. However, they knew it was a joke and laughed it off for a moment.

Reporter: "That's so cute. But seriously, who made this gown. I'm jealous."

Power girl: "Him... He made everything."

She said, tightening her hold on me and motioned for me to follow; the reporter finally noticed that she was serious.

Reporter: "So amazing. What was the idea behind it?"

Y/N: "Believe it or not, Karen over here made me an offer that I couldn't refuse. She showed me this gorgeous design and from then on... Well, I couldn't let her down."

I looked at Power girl and smiled.

Y/N: "But... How could I say no."

I felt her arms tighten around mine, and for the next few seconds, the reporter asked me a few questions. Mainly where am I from, or how did I come to make such things. I simply stated a few lies, that I was taught how to make dresses thanks to my mother. And the jewellery was taught to me by a close friend.

Currently unemployed and met by accident. We left the red carpet behind us, took our seats in the front and waited for the show to begin. But as we watched and waited, taking notice of the model's step and stride. I had taken note of the models and watchers eyes on us. It was almost ironic, in a way, that I wanted to hide in my farmhouse. Personally wished this had never happened in the first place.

Power Girl: "Don't tense up."

I looked down at her hand and realized that I'd been squeezing hers. I released my hold and sighed, leaning back in my seat, and crossed my arms.

Y/N: "Sorry, I'm just not used to this."

Power girl: "Honestly, I thought you'd love it or be used to it."

I shrugged my shoulders, knowing how I walked and such when it came to my life, yet I'm not a fan of large groups of people. Especially with everyone as close as they are, I feel Power Girl leaning into me, and I look at her.

Power Girl: "It's OK... You know, people staring?"

I looked at the people, most of them focused on the coming week of fashion ahead. But the few in the back, even with the glare in my eyes. I could tell they were watching us, some even taking pictures.

So I nuzzled closer to Power girl and gave her my hand. She took it wholeheartedly and sighed.

Y/N: "I'm used to people coming to me for answers... Then leaving, I'm not used to... them watching."

Power Girl: "They're not."

I shook my head.

Y/N: "Sweetie, you may have X-ray vision. But I can tell how the men in this room are watching you. They wait on your every command and are willing to step over me to get to you."

Power girl kissed my cheek, and I looked at her.

Power girl: "Forget them... Focus on me~."

I kissed her hand and nodded, finally letting my guard down.

For the rest of that evening, I didn't listen to anyone else but Power girl, and I didn't focus on any of the models walking by; I paid attention to Karen Starr and had a fun time.