𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗.

Start from the beginning

Settling herself against the headboard with a frustrated huff, Mia can't keep her mind from wandering back to reality. Last night had been... a lot. A huge weight has been lifted from her shoulders at having finally told Jay everything she'd been keeping bottled up, and it felt good to talk everything out despite how much she was dreading it. But last night also brings a whole new wave of complications to her life. What does this mean for her? For them? Jay told her that he still loved her, but did he really mean it? Or was it just an in-the-moment thing? And she didn't say it back, for a lot of reasons. The most glaring of which being the man who gave her the engagement ring sitting comfortably in the pocket of her purse.

Fuck.

Jay's voice starts becoming a little clearer as he makes his way back to the bedroom, holding the phone between his shoulder and ear while he finds his boxers and tugs them on. She pouts dramatically at the sight, and he rolls his eyes, focusing back onto the voice on the other end of the phone. "Yeah. Okay," he nods to himself, "I got it, Sarge."

Tucking a strand of tangled hair behind her ear, Mia stays quiet as he says goodbye, waiting until the phone is hung up and placed on the small dresser pressed against the wall. "Everything okay?"

"Yeah," Jay breathes out, searching for the rest of his clothes, "That was Voight. He needs me back. Kim is on her way to take over, hopefully with coffee."

She hums, a teasing smile on her face, "You're very important, are ya?"

He huffs out a laugh, shaking his head as he buckles up his belt, "Something like that."

Sliding out of bed, Mia saunters towards him in all her naked glory, smirk only growing when he glances up and swears under his breath. She presses her body up against him, winding her arms around his waist and staring at him under heavy lashes. Arching a perfectly sculpted brow, Mia rises up on her tiptoes, ghosting her lips over his, "Should I call you 'Detective'?" His breath hitches in his throat when she moves to place a kiss against his jaw, "Or maybe 'Sir'?"

"Jesus," Jay mutters to himself at her teasing, screwing his eyes shut and tightening his hold, fingers digging into the soft flesh of her hips. With great difficulty, he pushes her away until her heels touch the floor, trying to keep his eyes on her face instead of every other incredibly enticing part of her. "Nope. Burgess is on her way here."

"I can be quick," she gives a succinct nod and tugs her bottom lip between her teeth, hands moving around to his front and resting on the clasp of his freshly fastened pants.

He lets out a choked laugh, "You're killing me."

Mia smirks, "What a way to go, right?" Her tongue pokes out to wet her lips, and she knows he's only seconds away from giving in based on the way his heated gaze trails down her body. And then his phone chirps again, and she closes her eyes, tossing her head back with a groan. "I have never been cockblocked by a phone so much in my life."

Shaking his head with a chuckle, Jay reaches for his phone again to see a text from Kim. "She's here. She's just gotta check in with the patrol officers sitting on the place." He sets it back down after shooting off a reply before moving back towards her. "Don't pout," he teases, bringing one hand to cradle the side of her face.

"You like it when I pout," she points out.

He hums in agreement, placing a kiss on her waiting lips and lingering a little bit longer than they probably have time for but screw it – he's waited ten years to have this again. "Go take a shower," Jay says after pulling away, going back in for two more quick pecks for good measure.

Letting out a reluctant sigh, Mia keeps pouting as she steps away and turns to head towards the bathroom, stopping to grab her bag on the way. "Next time, you're turning your phone off," she calls back over her shoulder.