Not twenty seconds passed before Draken was attempting to pry Mikey off of Illumi as the boy wanted to use the bathroom. Clearly, the shortie didn’t seem to understand privacy. After a rather valiant struggle, Illumi got his desire to use the restroom alone. When he returned he was greeted by a new figure known as Doctor Niles. He explained everything that had happened on the night Illumi came into the hospital by ambulance. From the suspected hemophilia to the rejected blood transfusion. 

Doctor Niles asked if Illumi was aware of his concerning medical condition and he was. It's been a huge factor in how he holds himself throughout his life, he’s a delinquent; that comes with a contract for injury many of which will result in blood loss. There is a reason he carries a medical aid kit with at all times and why he’s so good at performing emergency care. 

The doctor went on to stress the effects and problems that can lead to not paying attention or caring for the body with hemophilia. He included the infortmaion about the bleeding of joints explaining after seeing the confused faces of Illumi’s visitors, that these joints can bleed into eachother causing chronic pain and swelling and sometimes deforitmy. Its not as common for Hemophila type C patients but bleeding into the urine and intesines could be, nothing is ruled out. They also bruise easily and develop nosebleeds often. The doctor pointed to the side of Illumi’s jaw and the patches on his arms that were dotted purple and blue showing evident bruising no doubt under the hospital robe there was bound to be more splotches of purple. The boys aren't happy in the slightest that such an important thing in their friends life was kept from them. 

The real nail in the board for the Toman members was the news that Illumi really shouldn’t be engaging with high intensity activity for it could lead to big problems down the line and significantly shorten his lifespan. Mikey doesn’t think he’s ever wanted to wrap someone up so tight and just hide them away in his room to rest and stay safe. Maybe he could work on convincing Illumi to let that actually happen, he can have visitors and Mikey will provide him with whatever he needs. In turn all Illumi has to do is be safe and healthy far away from things that can make him bleed. 

Draken and Mitsuya weren’t too far behind in their commander’s train of thought. The blond was working on how he could comfortably keep Illumi in the brothel and out of sight from leecherous men who would pay an arm and leg to catch sight of a beauty like Illumi. Mitsuya is sure his mother would be more than happy to keep Illumi around and Mana and Luna would adore him. Of course once the two of them move out together into their own house Mitsuya would take care of things like cooking and sewing while Illumi would put his loved hobbies to use and spend time doing them. Perhaps he would have a job that he can work remotely from? Mitsuya is obviously not going to let him work where he can get hurt, that would be stupid. 

Dr Niles was a bit upset with the fact that Illumi wasn’t wearing his medical alert bracelet saying that if one of the paramedics hadn’t guessed about his condition Illumi might not be here at all and instead getting prepped for a funeral. Illumi was a bit grudging about that, it wasn’t his fault that he forgot to put it on again after his bath before the festival. Dr Niles was really chewing into Illumi and from the looks on his friends’ faces they would be no help if he asked for support. 

“You need to understand, Mr Yato,” Doctor Niles said sombrly. “We nearly lost you many times during surgery.”

Those words had three indiviidals tensing up big time with furrowed eyebrows. 

“I know, I’m usually careful, sir,” Illumi sighed. “It was just a bad day.”

“Well, please consider yourself a bit more in the future. Have you been undergoing replacemet therapy?”

“No…” Illumi muttered. “It can get pricey so I'm trying to save up so I can pay it all off in one sweep.”

“I understand, you shouldn’t leave it too late however, especially after having an incident such as a stabbing.”

“Yes doctor, thank you.”

With that Dr Niles was gone and Illumi was left in a quiet room full of hidden fear and confused boys. 

“What’s replacement therapy?” Draken asked softly as to not upset the patient. 

“It's where they replace my plasma with a person who's got a far better clotting factor than me. It’s one of the better treatments for hemophiliacs.” Illumi explained shifting on the bed to get more comfortable. 

“Oh…”

“You never told us,” Mikey’s voice was full of accusation but also sadness. He was upset that Illumi didn’t let him know that he had such a life threatening thing carried on his back at all times. 

“I try not to let it rule my life, I'm careful, and I don’t make stupid decissions that get me in trouble....” he looked at Draken with a grin. “Usually.”

It didn’t give him the desired effect he wanted, if at most he got a weak smile from Mitsuya and a stoney look from Mikey and Draken. 

“Can we not talk about it anymore? I’m tired of hearing about my condition.”

“Fine,” Mikey relented but his eyes made it clear the conversation wasn’t finished. Illumi’s luck shined again as one Baji strolled through the door with his hands in his pockets and a Chifuyu on his heels. Both stopped and grined real wide when they saw the upright sitting form of Illumi. 

“Aye Illumi, back from the dead I see,” Baji teased with sharp canines on display. 

Said patient snorted knowing just how true the statement was. 

“Never think I’d see your broke ass again,” Illumi commented with a snarky tone before switching it completely up to a soft and affectionate one. “Hi Chifuyu.”

“Hey, Illumi,” the blond said with a smile ignoring the raging of one Baji Keisuke. “Doc give the all clear?”

“Yep, a few more days here then I’m free!” 

“Nice!” 

“Are you ignoring me?!” Baji whined loudly.

“Yes,” both Chifuyu and Illumi said in unison before turning to eachother and smirking.           

“I come here out of the goodness of my heart and get attacked. Rude.”

“Is there an actual reason you’re here Baji?” Mikey hated the tight sensation in his stomach at seeing the sly glances and shared smirks from Illumi to the first division's vice-captain.

“Yeah actually, Emma called and said for you three to actually head home take a shower. She's sure Illumi wouldn’t appreciate ye stinking out his room.”

Mikey, Mitsuya and Draken all blushed at the comment of their hygiene mostly because it was right, they didn’t smell the best as of right now but they really hadn’t wanted to leave Illumi. Mitsuya even begged his mother to let him stay, asking her to watch the girls at home or see if anyone else could. 

“Right,” Mitsuya said. “That's probably for the best. Illumi you have my number, please use it if you need anything.” The lavender haired boy then leaned down and pressed a kiss on a very surprised Illumi’s forehead. “I'll give you a call later.”

“O-oh, yeah sure.” Mitsuya will happily admit that yes, his chest did bloom with pride after seeing the light pink dust on the cheeks and bridge of Illumi’s nose at his action.

The seething from the other’s in the room was nearly visible, Mitsuya looked like the picture perfect boyfriend comforting his beloved and man did it piss off the rest of the Toman members. 

The rest gave their farewells after Mitsuya but none were bold enough to pull a move like he did nor did they want to seem weak and look like they were copying him. 

“I’ll see you later, Lumi~ miss you!” Mikey called out as he was pushed from the room by Baji and Draken with the other two boys following.

“Bye-bye Mikey,” Illumi waved after the boy, a smile staying curled on his lips as they disappeared from view.

How cute his new friends were.