chapter forty-six

When Anna was laying on her bed at the nunnery in Australia ― she thought death was her friend. She was going to welcome it with open arms and a grateful smile, believing that once everything's over, she will no longer feel pain. No one was going to hurt her anymore or touch her. She was going to have a blissful life up in Heaven because while some might say she's an awful girl ― she knew that God wouldn't convict an innocent child to the burning flames of Hell the way he does to killers and bad people.

It must had been a Saturday evening when Sallyanna Gray, sickened by Spring Fever, thought she was going to close her eyes for the last time. It was also the very first time a memory of her mother had traveled through her mind. She thought about the woman often ― but never with clear pictures.

But on that Saturday evening ― she remembered how her mother used to brush her hair and how Anna loved it. Her mother talked to her about the day she has had. She tickled little Anna until she was gasping for air. She kissed her tiny little cheeks and told her how much she loved her.

Her mother also told her that she would never leave her.

Those memories woken something inside of Anna, and when she closed her eyes that evening ― she decided that she will open them again.

And she did.

The next morning she noticed Freya Meyk laying dead just a few beds away and she made the biggest decision of her life and chose to find her way back home. The way there wasn't easy and Anna thought about giving up several times. She was afraid most of the time ― fearing that her mother wouldn't lover her the same as she did when Anna was a little child.

She wasn't an adorable three year-old with pigtails anymore but a young adult with a lot of trauma and emotional package. But then Anna found her home and it didn't take too long for her to love it. 

But because God hates Anna for some reason ― the other car had come from nowhere. 

For a moment Anna felt the way she did when she nearly died of Spring Fever. Everything around her was white and the voices and sounds around her were muffled. Her head was hurting ― like someone had hit her with a iron rail. Her limbs didn't move but luckily, she was able to feel them. She groaned out of pain as she carefully lifted her head up. 

Anna thought she had her eyes open already but it took her a few seconds until she realized her eyes were still closed. Her eye-lids fluttered and she opened her brown eyes with an aching feeling. Her vision was blurry at first but within seconds, she could recognize Lisa.

Lisa's head was pressed against the window, blood drooling out of her mouth ― she was still breathing though. 

Anna just stared at her for a moment before she spotted pieces of glass on her own arms. Her arms were stained with blood and serious bruises were already forming on her knees. She didn't know what has happened to the driver and Oswald but she didn't really even care.