»Why exactly did you bring me here?«

»I thought you might be interested into doing something good.« He was still searching for something in the cabinet.

»You could've just asked me.«

»What fun would that be?« He grinned and stepped closer. He took my hand and rubbed something on it.

It stung like hell, so I hissed through my teeth.

»Sorry.« He apologized, not moving his eyes away from my wounds. He gently pressed the bandage over my scratches. He looked so calm doing that. He had such pretty dark eyelashes…

»How come you're volunteering?« I asked, curiously.

»Why not? It's just a few hours. Besides it's not like it's the only thing I do. I've got a pretty busy life.«

»Busy how?«

»A lot of hobbies. This, doing sports, playing guitar…«

»You play guitar?« I widened my eyes.

»Yeah,« He furrowed his eyebrows. »why so surprised?«

»I don't know, I guess you just didn't seem like a guitar kinda guy.« I stick my tongue at him.

»And what is a guitar kinda guy?« He crossed his arms and leaned his head, raising both of his eyebrows, doing that half of a smile.

»Oh you know, Kurt Cobain, Billie Joe, Tim Mcilrath…Me. Cool people.« I grinned at him.

»You?« He snorted. »You play guitar?«

»Okay, just a few songs.« I confessed.

»Snowhite playing guitar, who knew.« He turned away, putting the medical gear back into the cabinet.

That's when I saw it. His wallet was hanging out of his pocket. This is my chance! I snatched the wallet and quickly jumped away.

»Hey!« He yelled, walking towards me. I opened it, looking for ID. A library card, a guitar pick, a movie ticket… »Give it back.« He calmly said.

»Make me.« I laughed at him and jumped on the table.

»Okay.« He grabbed my legs, trying not to laugh and threw me across his shoulder. I was still looking for the damn ID… He put me down and tried to take back his wallet. »That's called cheating.« He tried to look serious.

»Stop making things up.« I snorted. He started tickling me, laughing with his blue eyes, creating crinkles around them. I couldn't take it any longer so I let go of the wallet, but I managed to pull out one card. I jumped away, checking what I got. Yes! An ID! I looked at his name.

Damien Parker Hale. Damien…wasn't that the kids name from that movie, Omen? Well that explains his obnoxiousness. I wonder if he's got three 6… »Damien…« I said, looking at him. »It fits you.« He pierced me with his gorgeous sapphire eyes. I never thought that the devil look so beautiful.

»Thanks.« He took back his ID card. »You know,« He started. »you owe me twice now.«

»What?«

»I saved you twice.«

I remembered how scared I was before. Scared of falling. »Thanks for that.« I murmured.

»Hey, no problem.« He lifted up my chin. »Why did you go climbing if you're afraid of heights, anyway?« He gazed into my eyes.

»I, um, I didn't want to disappoint that little girl…« I told him the truth. I smelled that intoxicating perfume again, he was so close to me. I felt my cheeks burning up…Was I blushing? I moved away, covering my cheeks.

»That's really…awesome of you.« He complimented me. The first compliment I actually liked. »To overcome your fear.« He gently smiled. »Hey, um,« He started. »I really shouldn't trick you like this. So, um, wanna hang out tomorrow?«

I bit my lip. Was he asking me out? He noticed I was hesitating.

»It's gonna be just me, and a few of my friends on the Beach. You can tell your friends to come too.« Oh, so it wasn't a date.

I don't really like people. I don't like hanging out with them, talking to them…I prefer animals. They don't lie or cheat, they don't piss you off or make you cry…I know, weird right? But he…he was so obnoxious and arrogant and rude…but I still wanted to be around him. He just had this…aura, like my mom would say. He reminded me of a cute cat. Even if it scratches you, you still want to pet it. I wanted to pet his fluffy hair… »Sure, I'll come.« I smiled and ruffled my dark hair.

Whatever happens, happens.