𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Start from the beginning

Aisling eventually managed to find a booth big enough for all of them ( after fluttering her eyelashes and making small talk with some boys in the year above them ) and they all piled in — Mary going to get their drinks, much to Cece's dismay. They came back quickly, however, with five Butterbeers and some gossip.

"You'll ... probably guess," Mary said as they set a Butterbeer down in front of each of them and then proceeding to sit down next to Cece. "According to Madame Rosemerta, James asked Lily out again and she poured a pint and a half of Butterbeer on him!"

Betty burst out laughing while Aisling cringed and Philippa nudged Betty's side. "What? It's funny!"

"Betty," Philippa scolded as she raised an eyebrow. "You're supposed to be the mature one of us all."

"Not when it comes to James Potter!" Aisling sang as she smiled and took a swig of her Butterbeer.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Betty challenged as she glared at Aisling.

"Nothing," Aisling muttered as she looked down, her smile still adorning her face. 

Betty rolled her eyes, but turned her attention towards Mary and immediately started digging through her coat to find some money.

"No!" Mary exclaimed as they reached an arm out across the table. "My treat, I insist."

"You sure?" Betty asked as she chewed the inside of her mouth.

"Positive," Mary replied with a beaming smile as they sat back comfortably and draped an arm around the back of Cece's seat in the booth. Everyone took notice, exchanging looks as they did. "So, how's sixth year going for you lot? Hopefully it's better for you than it was for me!"

"It's horrid," Aisling said bluntly as she sat back with her arms crossed and a frown settled on her face. "Slughorn won't give me the marks I want because he's too busy obsessing over Regulus Black in order to actually teach any of the rest of us."

"I'm not one for slandering the teachers, but I have to agree with her," Philippa said with a nod.

"Regulus Black?" Mary snorted. "That's child's play. I had Lily, Remus, Sirius and Snape in my class. At least Lily, Remus and Snape actually knew what they were doing, Sirius was just interesting because of his last name, poor lad. But, nothing happened, it was just him asking them questions."

"Keeps him off my back," Cece replied with a shrug as she leaned forward and grasped her Butterbeer.

"That's what I thought!" Mary cheered as they turned back and beamed at Cece. "Cece has it right!"

Cece, however, blushed madly as she covered her face with the wide opening to the tankard as to not betray the fact that she was slowing slipping into love with the person next to her. Philippa, Betty and Aisling exchanged looks once more, all struggling to suppress their smiles, however, not to draw suspicion from Mary, they looked away just as quickly. 

"Well, I think that his class is just fine — " Betty commented, causing Philippa and Aisling to groan loudly.

"That's because you're actually brilliant at potions and of ... you know ... your brother," Aisling interrupted with a mirthless smile. Betty, however, just rolled her eyes, an easy smile settling on her face.